what is the best company to invest in the stock market for long term?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Look at companies that make a product used the world over, used up quickly, creating the need to buy more. Example: toothpaste, soap, cleaning supplies, etc (Proctor & Gamble, one company in this business, sells the world over. Not only have they made money consistently, but they have made enough to be able to raise their dividend each year for the past 51 years). How many companies have raised their dividends for even half that many years?

• 1 decade ago

Enron!

Yes, over 10 years ago Enron was considered the best large company to own. Enron doesn't exhist anymore. The stock went to $0.00.

So.... your question should be;

".....what stocks meet my asset allocation model for safety,growth and diversification"?

Also.... be careful with the answers you get here. One of the answers suggests buying RCA. RCA was bought by GE over 20 years ago. RCA is not an independent public company.

Don't look for the easy way out (depending on Yahoo Answers). Learn investing.

• 1 decade ago

There is no way to know in advance which company is best. Investing in a diversified portfolio is the soundest strategy for long term investing.

• 1 decade ago

hey there i can't really tell you that which company you should invest into but yea i can help you find out one or more company for long term or short term investment........there is this amazing channel called UTVi where you can check out the stock trading prices and trading done in various companies besides you can have expert comments from expert people online.....you can regularly follow and have your investment done in smart way....the link is http://www.utvi.com ....i hope it helps you

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cliff
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Look at the consumer staples sector - it has proctor & gamble, coca cola, pepsi, nestle, colgate palmolive etc. Things people use often.

Also, blue chips.. companies that have been around going great for awhile: Microsoft, Google, Apple, Walmart...

• 1 decade ago

Coca cola

• 1 decade ago

Mike,

1 year or 2 years ?

Oil - Gas - Kerosene-Benzine-Alcohol-Metanol- and his gank.

Lucky Pal,

http://www.consolidatedebt-able.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the question is why do you think you can make money while all the world is losing their stock!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

youtube, yahoo, microsoft, mac.... these days, basically anything that has anything to do with computers.

genital electric, RCA, etc. are also an OK choice.

• 1 decade ago

If i knew that i wouldn't be sitting here answering questions....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.