My reaction to what you heard:
1) Canada is Bland,
Canada is an enormous, diverse country full of spectacular scenery and people from almost every nationality on the planet, that for the most part, get along just fine. That's not bland, that's a global treasure.
2) Living in the shadow of the US
Canada is an independent nation with different values than the USA. So the idea that we are living in your shadow is a matter of perspective. Canadians don't want a U.S. style military or your style of foreign policy. We do things different here, our own way, and that is the very definition of independence.
3) Preoccupied with pointing out they are not Americans
You better believe I'm not American. I am as proud to be Canadian as any American is proud to be American. So what's wrong with that? If somebody thought you were a Canadian, you'd correct them, wouldn't you?
4) Obsessed with America’s lack of knowledge of Canada and Canadians. Always trying to get America’s attention
It's not an obsession. We find it amusing more than offensive.
5) Canada has not made any significant contribution to the world OR are not noticed at all on the international level
Wow, where do I start? Medical technology, free trade with a large number of countries, aerospace, millions of square kilometers of agriculture, over 90% of the world's drinkable water, member of the UN, worldwide respect for our efforts in both world wars, peacekeeping in places the US either messed up or abandoned, the list could go on for days.
6) Has a Good economy because of America’s economy
The American economy is currently going into recession... Canada's might not be booming but it is making gradual improvement. Have you compared the US dollar to ours lately?
7) Is Protected militarily by the US
The only country ever to invade Canada WAS the USA! We sent them packing and burned down the White House.
7) Canada does not have an army OR that even Vatican City would be able to invade Canada
We do have a military, but we choose to use it to promote peace instead of crusading into other countries spreading the "American Way".
8) Canada is cold all year round
Some of Canada is - but most of it has 4 seasons, each of which has it's own weather. It can be cold here, but it also gets incredibly hot too.
9) Canada’s only identity is that they are not American, they define themselves with how different they are from Americans
We are an independent nation and a member of the British Commonwealth. We have a world presence in politics, economy, technology, manufacturing, and every other important issue.
10) Major inferiority complex to the Americans
Ha!... I think you'll find that most Canadians love Canada, and wouldn't want to be American.
11) Not Patriotic, with Canadians not wanting to sing or do not know their own country’s national anthem.
First of all, that's not a worldwide tradition, although it clearly is in the USA. Personally, I'd rather hear a professional sing my country's anthem than butcher it by singing it myself.
12) Know about history of the US more than Canada’s history.
Our countries have been neighbors for a long time. As a result, the history of each country has had an enormous impact on the history of the other. Funny the American school system hasn't recognized that fact.
13) Canada is a funny country
Noo Doot Aboot It
14) Canada is irrelevant to the world
I've already answered this point above.
15) Only reason why Canada is one of the best countries to live in is because it does not have the responsibilities of a SuperPower with the US to protect them.
Protect us from who? Themselves? We don't push our political views on societies that don't want them. We aren't hated like the USA is. If anybody is going to invade Canada it will be the USA when they run out of oil and water. Guess how many countries will come to our aid then! Many of your current allies in the war in the middle east are part of the Commonwealth too, and as such we will protect each other. All of a sudden, they will be your enemies. Also, many European countries believe they owe Canada for our efforts in past wars. Canadians have never expected anything in return. We don't believe there is a debt at all, but the Americans might be surprised to find out how many nations would jump at the opportunity to help Canada out.
17) Canada contributes very little to the world politics and is not a big player until when needed for something
We are a founding member of the UN and are present in ALL of its decision making processes. The commonwealth is also represented in and by a lot of countries around the world, on every populated continent.
18) Canadians are smug and self-righteous as stated by Gordon Sinclair.
We are very easy going, but when our values and virtues are attacked, or discriminated against, we will defend ourselves. That is a Human Right.
19) Canada’s relationship with the US has defined Canada
It certainly has had a substantial impact. We are each other's biggest trading partner. International trade, commerce, politics, war, etc. is what defines every country in the world.
20) Canada a nation of losers
"Hosers" is spelled with an "H"
After reading other Canadian answers to the other copies of this question, I found it amusing to see others responded to the point #20 the same way! Canadians are funny, no doubt about it.