U.S. District Court Probation Officer or Pretrial Officer Job?

I have hopes of becoming a U.S. District Court probation or pretrial officer. I have a B.S. in Psychology, a total of eight years working at one of the largest mental health hospitals in the U.S., and a five years of expereince working as a professional bails bondsman. I am searching for insight into the training... show more I have hopes of becoming a U.S. District Court probation or pretrial officer. I have a B.S. in Psychology, a total of eight years working at one of the largest mental health hospitals in the U.S., and a five years of expereince working as a professional bails bondsman. I am searching for insight into the training and what to expect. Is my bail agent expereince even considered releavent? Will my work in the mental health industry, which also included work with many who were polysubstance abusers qualify me to get more than the minimum that's offered? Even though I desire to be a federal officer, I will consider a position working for a local, county, or state probation office. Does anyone know of an opening anywhere in the Deep south where the cost of living is relatively low and it does not snows? I am askingthat only current or former probation officers reply!