Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

What is the meaning of "down to earth"?

Sorry I am not really good in english can someone please give me a example? 10 points to the most meaningful answer thanks you very much

• `
    Favorite Answer

My definition of "down-to-earth" is as follows:

A person who is without pretense or one who is practical in their decision making and philosophy of life.

Formal definition:

[adjective] Realistic; sensible.

Not pretentious or affected; straightforward.

Not overly ornate; simple in style.

Down To Earth Meaning

• mckain

Define Down To Earth

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the meaning of "down to earth"?

Source(s): meaning quot earth quot: https://shortly.im/DTga3

It describes something or someone as a humble one. I.e. "Even he is from the royal family, he still is a down-to-earth person and is willing to help anyone."

By the way, it is "down-to-earth".

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/kcOMY

Some girls like hair , some dont...Most the girls i have found dont like hair....I shave it all off...if you find a girl that likes hair you can grow it back....Its all about having that bed room body...When you get in the bed room you wanna look good...

Down to earth means that a person is practical, realistic and doesn't have his head in the clouds. It is simple when you think about it.

In other words, a psychologist or psychatrist would give realistic, "down to earth" advice, not advice that might be impractical or unrealistic

Who is practical in their decision making and philosophy of life...

Down to Earth means something in the area of Peacefulness. And that it's really awesome.. :] Rock it

PEACE v