Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

What is the meaning of "down to earth"?

Sorry I am not really good in english can someone please give me a example? 10 points to the most meaningful answer thanks you very much

18 Answers

Relevance
  • `
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My definition of "down-to-earth" is as follows:

A person who is without pretense or one who is practical in their decision making and philosophy of life.

Formal definition:

[adjective] Realistic; sensible.

Not pretentious or affected; straightforward.

Not overly ornate; simple in style.

• 4 years ago

Down To Earth Meaning

• mckain
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Define Down To Earth

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the meaning of "down to earth"?

Sorry I am not really good in english can someone please give me a example? 10 points to the most meaningful answer thanks you very much

Source(s): meaning quot earth quot: https://shortly.im/DTga3
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It describes something or someone as a humble one. I.e. "Even he is from the royal family, he still is a down-to-earth person and is willing to help anyone."

By the way, it is "down-to-earth".

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/kcOMY

Some girls like hair , some dont...Most the girls i have found dont like hair....I shave it all off...if you find a girl that likes hair you can grow it back....Its all about having that bed room body...When you get in the bed room you wanna look good...

• 1 decade ago

Down to earth means that a person is practical, realistic and doesn't have his head in the clouds. It is simple when you think about it.

In other words, a psychologist or psychatrist would give realistic, "down to earth" advice, not advice that might be impractical or unrealistic

• 1 decade ago
  • 6 years ago

Who is practical in their decision making and philosophy of life...

• 1 decade ago

Down to Earth means something in the area of Peacefulness. And that it's really awesome.. :] Rock it

PEACE v

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.