Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Does Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls really suck that bad?

I loove indiana jones movies. I really like the story line, acting, and action, but I hate special effects, It shouldnt have cgi unless completely necessary, if a stuntman cant do it, its not physically possible and sure as heck isnt going to look believable when computer generated. I hate effects that are like the mummy 2, stealth or the whole environment is fake. I think jurassic park did it the best, and that most everything else after has really ruined films because they get too carried away with it. But I havnt seen the new indiana jones film because I have seen the previews and they look horrible and completely fake and friends have told me it sucks and isnt up to par, but then I hear Ebert liked it so I'm a little confused. What is your verdict?

I actually thought temple of doom was pretty good, not as good as raiders and last crusade, but the bugs, monkey brains and cate capshaw were pretty cool. Yeah with spielberg and lucas how could you go wrong? It looks like more liked it than hated it, maybe I'll see it next week. Oh yeah I never liked national treasure type movies but thought sahara type movies have potential,mathew mcconaheaugh makes a great dirk pitt and I hope he does more.

So if im older than 15 and have not seen the other 3 indiana jones films, Im going to hate it! That sucks!! I hate cgi, and there is no place for it in an archeological movie, ita all because that national treasure BS. They act like we cant tell when cgi is used, If the matrix movies used cgi too its fullest and it looked like sh**, then any other cgi is going to look like sh**. There should only be cgi in things that cant be found in existance like dinosaurs,dragons,spaceships. If we have seen it in real life there is no way cgi can fool the trained eye, and its a big let down, thanks alot george lucas and steven speilberg, how bout you both go back to the 80's and get your talent back.

Favorite Answer

What a piece of trash. This movie isn't even worth a rental. The only people that would like this movie are kids under the age of 16 who have never even seen the original films. Almost ALL of the action sequences are entirely CGI animated. The entire film feels like you are watching a cartoon. That is why the old Indy films were great--they didn't use any CGI crap, and looked 1000x's more realistic because the explosions were real, the gun fire was real, and the stuntmen really had to do their own work.

This movie is absolutely bottom of the barrel.

Also Ebert is an idiot. Don't go by what he says. He gave matrix 2 a good review, and we all know how good matrix 2 was...

• Donna

I saw it and couldn't help but compare it to the first 3 movies. The first 3 movies defined the action-hero genre and the action hero in general. These movies are 19 years and older and are still being parodied today by many popular shows including family guy and the Simpsons. I know that this movie would not be held in the same light as the first 3 so I tried to enjoy it. I think Harrison ford has gotten way too old, he's like 65 and it was obvious in my opinion when the used stunt doubles in the movie. I liked shia labeoufs character he was funny and the story overall was good, the fly saucer surprised me. I honestly think this movie was good, but the last crusaders, the temple of doom and raiders of the lost ark were better. This movie will definently be added to my collection when it comes on DVD but I will most likely not watch it 3 or 4 time like the originals.

No it really was that bad. I had friends that told me it sucked and I got defensive and kept saying how all the reviews were mostly positive. Once I saw it my worst fears came true. The first hour is actually pretty good and very Indy. The second half is all going through the motions and very hard to stomach. All of the supporting cast aside from LeBeouf are underused and the CGI really starts to get in the way once they get to the jungle. I hated the ending. I thought I'd never say this, but I wish they'd stopped at 'Last Crusade'.

You will either really, really love it, or really, really hate it. It depends a lot on how much you've elevated the original movies in your mind. Personally, I loved it. But most of my friends hated it. One friend hated it and saw it again w/ us b/c he had promised he would and said it was actually really good the second time around. Either way.... love or hate.... a movie that causes an intense reaction is always worth seeing.

The important thing to me was, despite a few hiccups along the way, it FELT like an Indiana Jones movie. And that's really all that's important.

I didn't care for the silly CGI gofers but the movie was good. The movie is a classic Steven Spielberg as E.T., Twister, Men in Black, Saving Private Ryan.

Source(s): http://www. Spielberg.com

It's OK. They should have had someone do better with the dialog and in between action scenes. I'd say it was about the same as Temple of Doom on the likability scale.

There isn't too much CGI except toward the end.

• Bink

kingdom crystal skulls suck bad

It's a good movie deffinatly worth going to theaters to see it. The CGI wasn't used at all unless it was absolutely necassary. The story leaves a little to be loved but it's still good and very original. I love it personally so in my opinion you should watch it.

the movie was alright...i guess. I have never seen the first three. mom was a big fan of the orginal three and came out of the movie theatre with mix thoughts. I think the lastest indy is all going to come down to a matter of oppion. u are probably going to enjoy it because u are an indy fan but probably not going to love it as mush as the first three. Save it for a cheap showing.

fantastic great mix of cgi and stunts made a fan of the old ones happy