michael30texas asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Why are the Yankees/Mariners playing on TBS? no more Braves games??

...?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

tbs cleared the decks to make way for a new national broadcast package that will begin in earnest with the 2007 postseason, and will expand to sunday afternoon games in 2008. chip caray, one of the braves' current broadcasters, is expected to call play-by-play for the national package, which will include the division series every season and alternating coverage of the ALCS and NLCS. Braves baseball has been seen on TBS since it was WTCG in 1971 and has been a cornerstone of the national superstation since it began in 1976. WPCH-TV/Peachtree TV, formerly WTBS Atlanta, will still carry Braves games after this point, but only in parts of the Southern United States. The Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast cable sports network will also simulcast these games on cable systems throughout Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and South Carolina, and outside of Metro Atlanta in Georgia.

• 1 decade ago

Uh yeah it's been like that for a while now.

I actually miss it, and I'm not even a Braves fan; I just miss watching a few of the Braves games on TBS. They signed some contract to do the post-season games and had to black out the Braves games on TBS or something like that.

• 1 decade ago

white♥sox (kobe still sucks) is pretty much right. Back in 2005, when MLB was renewing their TV Contracts, TBS step-upped and pretty much took over ESPN's (former) Thursday Afternoon Baseball package, to which TBS moved it to Sunday afternoon. Also, TBS bought the rights to broadcast Playoff games. However, as a result, TBS had to let go of their Braves deal that let them show Braves games all across the country.

• 1 decade ago

TBS wanted to show some postseson games when they signed the agreement they had to give up the rights of the Braves..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're in New England the game is on YES (Yankees Entertainment and Sports Television). TBS .... apparently is blacked out for some reason.

• 1 decade ago

TBS shows other teams now and not the Braves. Their contract is different now that they will be showing some postseason games.

• 1 decade ago

Hey! I noticed that too! I guess they no longer have the TV fan base like the Cubs and White Sox do, to just stay exclusive to the Braves.

Source(s): Grew up watching the Braves and listening to Skip Caray, Pete Van Wieren and Don Sutton commentating.
  • 1 decade ago

the braves are on turner sports south i think it is one of the regional fox sports networks and MASN a local mid atlantic sports network also carries the braves games along with nats and orioles

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

ha.that sounds relatively exciting.i choose i worked in an workplace so i might desire to play it :( a quick jointly as walked abode from college (we circulate alongside fairly a hectic street with a super number of people on it) with a neon yellow paper crown related to my scarf that declared me the 'Derbert King'. it became so humorous to verify the reactions of the mummy and dad and sons and daughters that went previous. do i'm getting factors for that ;)?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the braves/mets game was on last week.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.