How do I send a private video on youtube?

I click the "private" button under "Broadcast Options" on the Upload page, and the message appears: "You do not have any contact lists to share with". So, I go through the link "Edit contact lists?" which takes me to my contacts page. But from there, I'm lost. I click... show more I click the "private" button under "Broadcast Options" on the Upload page, and the message appears: "You do not have any contact lists to share with". So, I go through the link "Edit contact lists?" which takes me to my contacts page. But from there, I'm lost. I click on the contact I want to send the video to, and nothing happens. And if I go back to the "Upload" link, it doesn't retain the information and the process just begins again.

I looked under the "help" on youtube, and, well, it didn't live up to its name.

Do I have to go through a process to put a contact on a contact list? I only have one contact, and I made it for this specific purpose so that my boss can view footage from afar without sharing it with the whole world. (Yet.) I'm really lost here. This seems like it shouldn't be this difficult.

Any help? Please!!!