Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Lower divorce rate sleeping in seperate beds?

If married couples sleep in seperate rooms perhaps the divorce rate would slow down?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

perhaps. all depends on if the separate beds and rooms are still in the same house!

• Login to reply the answers
  • SuzyQ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Kings and queens sleep in different rooms and they don't get divorced. (except in the case of Charles and Diana) Maybe in the case of the loud snoring spouse it might help or if there were some medical issues where the caretaker of the sick spouse needs a place to relax and get rest. Generally speaking though I would say NO, the divorce rate would not be lower by sleeping in separate beds. This is my final answer. :-)

• 1 decade ago

Great idea. That's one of the things that put me off living with my boyfriend. I love to spread myself across the bed when I sleep and when you've got a great, hairy ape of a man snoring next to you, it's impossible. If he was in a separate room, my sleep would improve and we wouldn't have half the rows we do!!!

Or perhaps our relationship would just fizzle out because the closeness that comes from being in bed together would be gone...?

• 1 decade ago

I think married couple often do sleep in seperate beds. Sleeping seperately does not encourage anything but seperateness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't know. My grandparents on my dads side had separate rooms when they got older and they were together until my grandmother passed away. My other set of grandparents shared the same bed until my grandfather passed away. It depends. I don't think I could sleep in a separate bed. I like having someone next to me!

• Kells
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

??? I don't know about that one. It would also lower intimacy too. I don't think tossing and turning are the top reasons for divorce.

• MissE
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Actually it was part of the reason why my relationship ended. It lead to no intimacy and minimal communication

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A lot of divorces are due to a lack of sexual activity between the two people. I do not think separate bed or rooms will help this.

• Boy, another vote for togetherness! In a word, no.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No I seriously doubt that.

Being close is person would make them close in hearts! =)

xxx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.