Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Lower divorce rate sleeping in seperate beds?

If married couples sleep in seperate rooms perhaps the divorce rate would slow down?

Favorite Answer

perhaps. all depends on if the separate beds and rooms are still in the same house!

• SuzyQ

Kings and queens sleep in different rooms and they don't get divorced. (except in the case of Charles and Diana) Maybe in the case of the loud snoring spouse it might help or if there were some medical issues where the caretaker of the sick spouse needs a place to relax and get rest. Generally speaking though I would say NO, the divorce rate would not be lower by sleeping in separate beds. This is my final answer. :-)

Great idea. That's one of the things that put me off living with my boyfriend. I love to spread myself across the bed when I sleep and when you've got a great, hairy ape of a man snoring next to you, it's impossible. If he was in a separate room, my sleep would improve and we wouldn't have half the rows we do!!!

Or perhaps our relationship would just fizzle out because the closeness that comes from being in bed together would be gone...?

I think married couple often do sleep in seperate beds. Sleeping seperately does not encourage anything but seperateness.

I don't know. My grandparents on my dads side had separate rooms when they got older and they were together until my grandmother passed away. My other set of grandparents shared the same bed until my grandfather passed away. It depends. I don't think I could sleep in a separate bed. I like having someone next to me!

• Kells

??? I don't know about that one. It would also lower intimacy too. I don't think tossing and turning are the top reasons for divorce.

• MissE

Actually it was part of the reason why my relationship ended. It lead to no intimacy and minimal communication

A lot of divorces are due to a lack of sexual activity between the two people. I do not think separate bed or rooms will help this.

• Boy, another vote for togetherness! In a word, no.

No I seriously doubt that.

Being close is person would make them close in hearts! =)

xxx