Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Blondie asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 decade ago

What exactly is the definition/ description of Jpop, Jrock, and other "J" music like that from Japan?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jpop

http://www.asiafinest.com/review/jpop.htm

Japanese rock, also known by the abbreviation "J-rock", has a vibrant underground rock scene, best known internationally for noise rock bands such as Boredoms and Melt Banana, as well as stoner rock bands such as Boris. More conventional indie rock artists such as Eastern Youth and Number Girl have found some mainstream success in Japan, but relatively little recognition outside of their home country.

I just posted the link for Jpop since it has a pretty long definition and the Jrock definition I found on wikipedia. I couldn't really find a definition of Jrock though

Source(s): wikipedia
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Simple.

Jpop = Japan's version of US pop

Jrock = Japan's version of US rock

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.