the best horror movies ever made? 10 points!?

hi,

i love horror movies even though ima chicken

but im getting really confused about which horror movies are the masters of all horror movies?

ive wtached most and have asked this question many times and the average person says the exorcist or shinning blah blah blah all the same. but i have watched those movies and personally do not find them that scary

could someone give me a good list of the best horror movies ever made and say which one is the scariest and why etc..

10 points for a good answer and thanks. x ;)

Favorite Answer

Hostel 2, a scene where Beth cut Stuart's penis

Halloween(Rob Zombie's remake).

Stay Alive.

One Missed Call(remake).

The Ruins.

The Gravedancers.

Dark Ride.

Knock Knock.

Are You Scared!

Final Destination 3.

The Cook.

Hatchet.

Dead and Breakfast.

Freddy vs Jason.

Return To House On Haunted Hill.

Silent Scream.

House of Wax(remake).

The Legend of Bloody Jack.

Rest Stop.

Bloodlines.

Wrong Turn 2:Dead End.

The Graveyard.

Lake Dead.

High Tension.

The Pumpkin Kraver.

Dead Mary.

Brutal.

Plasterhead.

Wedding Slashers.

Big Bad Wolf.

The Dawn.

Frankenstein Reborn.

Death Clique.

Memorial Day.

I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer.

A Brush With Death.

The Brink.

Mexican Werewof in Texas.

Blood Trails.

Harvest of Fear.

The Jackhammer Massacre.

Halloween Night.

Urban Legends:The Final Cut.

Shredder.

Jekyll + Hyde.

The 8th Plague.

Evil Remains.

Fingerprints.

Headless Horseman.

Source(s): dvd
  • I'll give you what I believe are the masters. If they don't scare you, then you are just a very harde-to-phase person :)

The Tenet

Nightmare Concert

Emanuelle's Revenge

Pieces

Mosquito

Man Behind the Sun

The Burning Moon

Photo of Delerium

Jacob's Ladder

City of the Living Dead

The Night Brings Charlie

Frontier

Ills

Cant' think of anymore right now, but I think that the scariest one is Jacob's Ladder because it has a good story that is based in reality yet is creative and imaginitive and pulls you in until the end.

Another way to figure out what movies you might find scary:

For general fears try the movie "Phobia"

For bugs try the movie "They Nest" (Pretty scary movie imo).

For being stranded try Wind Chill

For clowns try Clown at Midnight

For Elevators try "The Shaft" (Dark movie with a dark sense of humor and pretty scary)

For the dark try Don't be Afraid of the Dark

For being alone try "inside".

The scariest one here is probably The Shaft but it depends on what you find scary. Hope this helps.

I'm sorry, but I can't think of any movie that scared me as much as the Exorcist did. I saw it when it first premiered, and had no idea what I was in for. Sure the horror flix back then where not even close to being as scary as most might be today. But the psychological impact that movie had on me when I was an impressionable 16 year old was devastating to say the least. I was not able to get it out of my head for a good month. Even to this day the theme song give me the creeps........weird huh?

If I had to pick something... I guess it would have to be the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.....

Sad to see no-one is mentioning Suspiria, it's probably the best example of horror movie making ever - Argento was at the top of his form here. It's basically like being in a nightmare for 90 minutes.

The other recommended (by me) Argento films are Profondo Rosso (Deep Red) and Tenebrae, though these are more thrillers than horrors.

I also highly rate The Legend Of Hell House, if you enjoy Haunting type films

Night Of The Living Dead has to feature on any top 10 list - it's the law! I probably rate Dawn higher as a film, but the first is a true horror

I did not find the Exorcist scary either.

I mean it was but not so much.

My all time favourite horror movie is definitely

'The Blair Witch Project'

Although the chills were mostly cus I actually believed it was real footage or based on true events.

Nonetheless it was pretty scary to watch and I remember I had troubles falling asleep that night.

Exorcism of Emily Rose is also another scary movie though I have never seen it, I've heard from word-of-mouth that it is.

Saw series. More than being horror, they are gory but I still just love them.

30 days of night is a great modern horror...not seen any thing close to it in the last 5 years or so.

check out films done by Sam Raime, Wes Craven or George A Romero.

they are the tru masters of horror

Sam did the evil dead films and produced 30 days of night

wes craven did the first two nightmare on elm street and a later follow up which was ace and the screem trilogy

George did the day of dead land of the dead etc etc

but if you want a real ggod one check out stanly Kubricks the Shining

or the original invasion of the body snatchers.

Try watching the Exorcist when you are 10 years old. That has put me off horror movies for 20 years.

For me, Stephen King's IT was very scary. mainly 'cause i hate clowns. Also the Japanese Grude 1+2 were very scary and creepy but not the American versions...

Also the imdb list that someone posted , i wouldn't pay attention to it. It says Batoru Rowaiaru(Battle Royale) is the 30th best film ever. It's not even a horror although it is my favourite film of all time, so check it out although it's not a horror but very violent!

Scream starring Drew Barrymore, David Arquette, Neve Campell and Matthew Lilliard and is Directed by Wes Craven. this highly acclaimed horror satire is a story centered on a group of offbeat friends who after a brutal murderer is on the loose get terrified and chilled to the very shocking conclusion,

I like the saw and hostell movies because they are creepy. Feed had some disgusting scenes. The scream movies are good but not that scary!! The Halloween movies with scream queen Jamie lee Curtis are good too!!