Should I take a wall in my apartment and splatter paint with 10 different colors?

all flat latex base

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

NO!

not because it wouldn't look cool, like a Jackson Pollock. But NO because the splattering effect would make ridges of paint on the wall similar to the popcorn ceiling crap that is so hard to remove when repainting. The wall would have to be sanded down so carefully to remove the bumpy texture that would cause. If you are renting, you will not get your security deposit back and if you own it, eventually you will need to sell to move and you will have your work cut out for you.

Better to stretch your own large canvas or buy a large canvas and create a movable work of art. Or you can get several smaller canvases and lay them down next to each other, splatter paint them, let them dry and then hang them a few inches apart so you can still see the continuity of the work.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Well you said in your apartment,so would the land lord approve of the way it would look,for you also said to splatter,would this not make a mess..

For it may look like art,but would it look right for where it was done,it may look petty,but is it wise to perform such a task,if it was not of your own...

• 1 decade ago

Personally, I like the idea. I love paint spatters. Unfortunately, the rest of my family would whack me on the head with a brick if I tried that.

• 1 decade ago

personnaly I would'nt advise u to do such a thing.the appart. may look untidy as once u enter a house the walls give an impression of a well kept house so if the walls are all colourful it may not look good

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Usually the max it three colors. But if you've seen a picture you like or have tried it out-go for it!

• 1 decade ago

I thank you should do what makes you happy, It dosen't matter what they thank .but before you do anything you should check your lease and make sure you can paint the walls without voiding your lease or loseing your deposite.

Source(s): Handyman
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Been there, done that.It may seem cool and fun, but at the end you will have a mess that looks like a garbage dump. Your friends and family will kill you with criticism and insults.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

cool there is no issue to use 10 or more.

But.

we need to apply in the proper way.......then it's looks modern art...............:)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.