Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

My husband actually bought a pair of rocking chairs for our front porch?

He says that is where we should be spending our evenings now as we are "too old" to go out anymore. I am 48 and he is 55.

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry...I just HAD to laugh! What is he going to do when he DOES get old????

Honestly was he just joking around. My mom and dad have rocking chairs on their front porch and they sat in them some evenings and just enjoy the outside. It's not because they are too old they are both in their 50's it's just to spend nice enjoyable time together. Kind of a way to unwind for the day. The still go out and do things but also enjoy some alone time just relaxing.

• A W

Actually I like sitting in rocking chairs on a front porch on a nice summer night, relaxing. My sister in Maine has THE perfect house for it. We are out there til late at night and then first thing in the morning in our robes in the summer.

Maybe it is his way of saying he wants to spend some more QUALITY alone time with you.

Hey I'm 41 and hubby is 48 and we have front porch rocking chairs.... And allot of important decisions have been made on those chairs.... Like how long will our vacation to Scotland should be... And how many vacations will we take this year.... And what kind of new car will I get..... So don't fret .....Get those rocking chairs and enjoy the conversations and trips that come out of them .... Cause when you ain't sitting you are traveling .... Enjoy and don't be insulted....

• Tiss

We have had rocking chairs on our front porch since we were 25 and 31. It has nothing to do with being old. It's nice to have a big porch, with chairs on it!

Im with diva on this one...rocking chairs a place to relax spend time talking who knows you might be able to deal with some of the issues you've raised on here...

back to you you're never too old to go out we have older mates in their 60's still hitting the town doin the karaoke circuit boy we need viagra to keep up with the cougars....you go girl

Rocking chairs are awesome. You can rock the stress of a long day away while sharing meaningful conversation over a glass of iced tea.

I don't think every evening should be spent there - you certainly can drag him out once in a while!

*

Maybe he has a better idea he wants to rock you baby.No he maybe just depressed.Did you know that men go thought the change of life to at his age.But sitting there and talking with wait he feels that way is comforting for him and you. Things will change when he finds out that thats not really the way he wants to spend the rest of his life with you Hon! Rock with him for a while you will find out what bothering your man. Take care.

I think it's nice to have porch rockers, but "too old" to go out is quite a downer and certainly not true. Maybe he doesn't enjoy or have the energy to go out, or is worried about expense--though rockers aren't free. You have to read between the lines, take a step back and think about where he is; we can't do that for you.

Tell him he may want to rock his life away, but your going to rock the night away with some good dencing music and get drunk and in injoy life because you will be damed if your going to give up with out a dam good fight.Tell him as long as I have a hot looking body I going to injoy life and he can rock his days away with out you in that damed old rocking chair.

Source(s): just my thoughts

Age is only a number.

If you start acting old, you'll start feeling old.

Sure, it's nice to relax at home, but there's something to be said for going out on the town once in a while. It doesn't have to be one way or the other....