promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
드래곤 asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Carmelo to the Bulls? Your thoughts on this trade?

Bulls trade:

Their 1st Round Pick

Drew Gooden

Nuggets trade:

Carmelo Anthony

Kenyon Martin

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The #1 pick is always a nice thing to be able to acquire but Melo has already proven he is a NBA superstar while who ever is the #1 pick is only potential right now. Not enough to get Melo, you would need to add a lot more to that package.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Nah. The Bulls' main problem is their lack of a dominant big man. Carmelo is not going to solve that and neither is the 30-year old Kenyon Martin who seems to be on the downside of his career. Beasley is a dominant inside presence.

You are right about the Bulls trading Gooden. Beasley is a bigger upgrade at power forward than Rose at point guard. Hinrich had an off season, but he was arguably Chicago's most important player from 2004 to 2007.

• 1 decade ago

it would be a great trade for the bulls to get a guarenteed player out of carmelo anthony but Kenyon Martin is an aging decent Foward. Drew Gooden and 1st round Pick might be to much to ask for.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

bad trade for the bulls, so far mello is not looking like an a list player & martin is a role guy who has some years on him.

the bulls have the potential to gain too much with that pick.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I dont think it will happen

Anthony is worth more to Denver then he is to the Bulls

Bulls give more value to Rose then they do Melo

And Martin is 2X better then Gooden, and to make things worst they salery cap would not match, they would have to get a 3rd team involved with cap space.

But i would like to see it happen

Hinrich, Gordon, Melo, Martin/Thomas, Noah

I like it

Rose, Iverson, Klieza, Gooden, Camby

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As a Bull fan, I don't want Anthony anywhere near Chicago. He is one dimensional and a loser in the locker room. You have to play defense to win in the NBA. He is only interested in shooting.

• 1 decade ago

umm id have to say no. mello is a good player but he has some baggage. they can get a great point guard with great character in derek rose. and id also rather have gooden over martin, he is always injured.

• 1 decade ago

unproven player for a proven player, bad deal for the nuggets

• Hell no, I dont think so

• 1 decade ago

wont happen

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.