Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

He said "I call you over the weekend"?

After a great weekend together in L.A, he called me Monday and Wednesday and then he said...I am calling you this weekend. I have been waiting, and ... I starting to feel like if I should not answer his phone call. When I guy tells me...I call you, I hear like he is saying...don't bother me, don't call me, take it easy. Probably I have expectations about this new "relationship". Should I play " I am not alway available"? We are not kids. I am 34, he is 41, both divorced. Am I being to childish? or should I just answer and behave like...Oh! what a surprise, how have you being all these 3 -4 days?

Favorite Answer

If you are 34 and he is 41 don't you think it is a little late in life to be playing games? First, if he said he would call this weekend and has given you no reason or indication that he wouldn't call, don't worry about it, especially if he has already called you twice this week. Secondly, it's your own inner voice telling you the things you have listed probably left over from past relationships. I believe the worse thing anyone can do is play games in any kind of relationship. If you are not by the phone and you have an answering machine, he can leave a message and you can call him back. No reason for you not to enjoy your weekend is there? Lastly, yes it is childish to act surprised when you receive the phone call. Nothing wrong with being happy, but don't act phony ...that's still playing games. Leave your old baggage behind. If you have expectations about this relationship and aren't sure if he is on the same page, ask him what he believes the relationship to be. After all, you are both grown ups aren't' you? Best of luck!!

The weekend's not over yet. He still has time left to phone you...

Be patient. If he doesn't call by Monday then he better have a good reason like a family bereavement or something. Don't let him think you are waiting for a call. You're better than that!

I think you answered your own question you are not kids so why play the waiting game? You sound like you like this guy why the egoism if he calls if I call and so on if you like the guy then you should just be yourself . Honesty is the best policy so you won't have any unhappy surprises later.

Unless he's dead on the side of the road, there no excuse for not calling! If you really like him, you need to address this issue right away. Otherwise, I would move on. I know it's hard and I go through the same thing and I'm 32. Good luck!

You are complicating things in ur own mind, he said he'll call you in the weekend, take his word as the truth unless proven otherwise!

Source(s): Dealing with drama brained women!

Honestly i will call him, but then he might say hey im busy can i call you back, which is worst!!! or you will give him the power, don't look needy guys take advantage of that

Why does it matter how you say it if you only get the same info in the text or call anyway?

Dont call him, just wait for him to call... go on doing whatever you'd usually be doing.

Time it out. The weekend's not over yet.

U B Tripping, I am going t need you to call him.