I was just browsing my online banking and noticed that my account was credited with 35.00 dollars for an ACH?

Payment, does anyone know what this is, and has anyone else ever gotten one?

Favorite Answer

ACH is the automated clearing house, a way to transfer between accounts. If you don't know who sent the money have your bank check who sent it. You might also have them place a freeze on ACH activity until you know who sent it since a debit can be sent thru just as easily as a credit.

ACH is Automated Clearing House used for electronic funds transfer. Did it say who or where it was from? Were you expecting any credit or refund from a debit card transaction? It is possible it was a mistake if someone entered an account number incorrectly.

I used ACH to transfer part of my IRA from one broker to another. It would have been a nasty surprise if that $20,000 went to the wrong unknown account.

• rtfm

That's a direct deposit from somewhere. Are you expecting a tax refund, or a child support payment, or money owed to you by any company?

What else does the transaction say besides just "ACH"?

automated check