Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Judgement Day question: If God knows everything why write names into the Book of Life?

Could it be he forgets some stuff?? For example how many Jose Sanchez's can he remember??

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Perhaps he may not interested to use his laptop or pc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well that means *** god will just pick the first Jose Sanchez that comes his way. We already know that he hates people because all he ever does is kill them. The book of life!?? Yeah, right. So just how much power and smarts does this christian god have? Knows all, knows when anyone does anything, knows when all babies are being born, can stop anything, yet allows wars to continue for years. After all that he knows and can do, and that means everything, he needs a book to keep notes? This is the kind of thing that believers cannot understand, because their minds are already under control by all of such lies to frighten them, so this is why they take out that insurance policy from their religion just in case that god is real, no matter that all that is know about this god is about the dumbest **** ever heard.

• 1 decade ago

Do not read so literally into everything. You will turn into a fanatic if you do.

As for your question: Maybe it's pomp and circumstance, and it will impress the new souls to have this neat, organized book. Maybe it's so it'll be easier to relate to you, rather than having God explain it (though the contradiction of an omniscient being doing things the "easy way"). Maybe it's just symbolic of something else. Maybe it's just an old Jewish myth incorporated into what we use today. Maybe maybe maybe. I don't try to comprehend what will happen when I in regards to how the process works. I figure I won't have much choice either way, and I like to focus on the present than looking for the finish line.

• grnlow
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He never forgets but examines heart conditions to know without doubt what motives a person has.

Look at it this way. The example of Jesus when back in heaven. Every memory he had for the countless eons of his existence with God alone, then after making the angels using God's power was restored to him. He did not go around heaven slobbering over himself but was in command, King of God's own Kingdom. The second most powerful creature in the universe.

Our measly 70+ years are nothing compared to that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There is not actually a book because God knows each of us like his own kids - big memory 'cos he has billions of us.

Only the one's who want it will live in the new heaven and new earth. These are the one's who are in the book. Even the one's not in the book can repent at judgement day and God will resurect them to live with him forever!!!

• 1 decade ago

First of all don't take somethings in the bible so literal. Secondly God is not a human being, he cant and wont literally write any ones name. It says that in the bible just to give us something to trust in. Not for us to analize it just have something to go on.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I dont personally believe in God. But in response to your question... why the F ck would God have a book, hes god.. hes the man... A beast...a Pimp.. a Straight up Gangsta.. he doesnt need a book to remember stuff

Source(s): Gods a PIIIIMP!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For our benefit and level of understanding, and Actual book is actually Metaphorical

• 1 decade ago

Maybe it's to have evidence just in case people doubts His judgments. So maybe He can be like, "See? I'm not lying! Your name is not here! You ARE going to Hell!"

• 1 decade ago

Laugh and scoff now while you can. Or turn to Jesus and be saved.

Galatians 6:7

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.