Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

POLL: Has anyone here gotten a ticket sent in the mail from running a red light when no police where around?

I am curious to see if anyone in the United States has ever gotten a ticket sent to them after running a red light. My friend told me that he has ran red lights at least 10 times, and said he has NEVER gotten a ticket (we both live in Texas). But I dunno if he is telling truth, or is just trying to be cool to impress his new gf and is instead lying.

But, I have always wondered about those cameras that are set up on top of the traffic lights. Are they just for decoration to scare us so that we would think they are watching us and would ticket us if we run the light? Or are they actually real, AND do record your license plate number and will send you a ticket in the mail for running the light?

Curious to see if anyone has ever gotten ticket in mail. Please only serious answers b/c I would like to know the answer(s) to this question. Thanks in advance :-)

Favorite Answer

I never have because I'm smart enough. My mom has though. Hefty 4 hundred something dollar ticket.

California resident. By the way they are easy to spot, they are giant cameras and usually there's a giant flash too. Takes a picture of you, the driver, your car and tags. You get the ticket in the mail with the pictures as well

• judy06

I don't think it is impressive. Consider running red light and get kill is cool and can impress a girl? Think again

I wish he gets all the traffic tickets he deserves plus a suspend driver license, and on top of it he has to report and attend driving school before hit the road again.

People like him should not even allowed to drive at all! What a trouble maker!

I live in Sydney and I've gotten tickets in the mail. Three actually, and all for the same light. Trouble is, I didn't run the red light, I ran the orange light. But you can't argue with those bastards. If you want to challenge it in court, you have to pay for the privilege. I just paid the fine. Bastards!

• kate d

We have red light cameras in Australia and yes they will record your license plate and you will get a fine in the mail if you run a red light. I think it would be the same in the US

• yea i got a ticket for turnin right on a red light because i waz suppose to stop and i didnt. i even saw the video online. pictures in the mail...i waz pissedddd

Source(s): stupid camera cops bastards cock suckers.com

Ya I did R1000

i never have. my friend has and she paid a big fine. i have heard that many of these fines are not followed through upon. don't know about that. good luck.

yes those cameras are real

• Seemi

i never have