POLL: Has anyone here gotten a ticket sent in the mail from running a red light when no police where around?

I am curious to see if anyone in the United States has ever gotten a ticket sent to them after running a red light. My friend told me that he has ran red lights at least 10 times, and said he has NEVER gotten a ticket (we both live in Texas). But I dunno if he is telling truth, or is just trying to be cool to... show more I am curious to see if anyone in the United States has ever gotten a ticket sent to them after running a red light. My friend told me that he has ran red lights at least 10 times, and said he has NEVER gotten a ticket (we both live in Texas). But I dunno if he is telling truth, or is just trying to be cool to impress his new gf and is instead lying.

But, I have always wondered about those cameras that are set up on top of the traffic lights. Are they just for decoration to scare us so that we would think they are watching us and would ticket us if we run the light? Or are they actually real, AND do record your license plate number and will send you a ticket in the mail for running the light?

Curious to see if anyone has ever gotten ticket in mail. Please only serious answers b/c I would like to know the answer(s) to this question. Thanks in advance :-)