Laro
Laro asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 1 decade ago

What are all the categories in astrology so I can go to school to learn?

more about it.

I want to start out slow and the library has limited resources

Favorite Answer

Just returned from United Astrology Conference in Denver--seriously, the subject is so vast it boggles the mind-- Slow Genius named some of the schools, there are more---one in Florida--more than one in California---most online. May I suggest trying the Association for Young Astrologers--they're dedicated to helping young people find the needed resources to become Astrologers. Categories? Psychological, Mundane, Locational, Horary, Vedic-- to name a few--I'm sure there are more my brain refuses to come up with right now. Good Luck!

Source(s): Studying since I was old enough to pull my thumb out of my mouth and still feel like I have barely scratched the surface

I know that in the UK there are a few schools that teach the subject. There is The Faculty of Astrological Studies and also the Mayo School. In the US, Kepler College of Astrological Arts and Sciences is the most renowned. It is located in seattle, washington. There is also The Aquarius Workshops School of Astrology in california.

All of those are good schools. By categories I assume you mean "types" like vedic or tropical astrology, and these schools all cover the vast majority of them.

If it were me I would not be feeding this pseudo-science your valuable cash as there is nothing in it.

The entirety of astrology, all it's categories is internally inconsistent, incapable of demonstrating the mechanism by which influence is demonstrated, incapable of showing the data from which its complex systems are derived, incapable of making predictions that do any better than mere chance, fails proper scientific testing and whose sole purpose is not help but money. large amounts of money to be trained and to get full, detailed readings, money that is taken without any liability on the part of the reader for bad or ruinous advice. Worst of all it damages peeps critical thinking abilities, believe one piece of unevidenced hokum, well anything becomes possible. I suggest the link below, it is a comprehensive rebuttal of astrology.

In the end it is your money so it is your decision, I would advise against.

Don't waste your time. Its all complete nonsense.