Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Are there any awesome vampire novels/series like Vampire Chronicals or Twilight?

Ive read alot of vampire books

all of the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice

all the Dracula novels

The twilight series by Stephenie Meyer

and a lot more

anything else thats completely awesome and blew you away?

Ive heard of the Anita Blake series but it doesn't spark my interest.....

Favorite Answer

Another good book would be Peeps by Scott Westerfield. It's not as good as Twilight but itas interesting, i enjoyed.

As for the plot:(It's better than it sounds) (Spoiler alert)

Peeps is a 2005 novel by Scott Westerfeld revolving around a parasite which causes people to become cannibalistic and become repelled by that which they once loved; it is the basis for many myths, mainly vampirism, but also lycanthropy, zombies, and others. The parasite changes the physiology of the affected person, granting him or her almost "superhuman" powers, such as extreme night vision (the protagonist claims that he has to tape over the dimly lit clock on his DVD player in order to sleep and being able to read fine print by starlight), the ability to climb nearly smooth vertical surfaces, and increased strength. However, according to the protagonist Cal Thompson, these feats are nothing more than the body being able to continuously sustain itself at the limits of exertion, comparable to the adrenaline rush a mother gets when her child is in danger. Every other chapter expounds upon various real life parasites.

Things get more complicated for the hero as time goes on. Soon he finds himself in love with Lacey (nicknamed Lace), a girl he can never have, and a possible new vector of the parasite.

He will soon discover that there is something much bigger than a parasite that will wreak havoc over humankind. Along with Lace, he will have to brave dangers set in the dark underground of New York subways and tunnels, possibly to save mankind and prove that parasites really do rule the earth. Cal must also track down Morgan, the woman who gave him the parasite.

The end of the world that begins in "Peeps" continues in The Last Days

Charectors are:

Cal Thompson - The protagonist in the novel, and is explained as a "carrier" of the parasite. His body contains the parasite that in most people causes dementia, cannibalism, and other vampiric side effects. Cal gains all of the advantages, without suffering from the dementia. It is transmitted through almost any bodily fluid, and he is now a "hunter" in an ancient (dating to colonial times in America) society known as the Nightwatch. He is charged with tracking down and capturing people he has inadvertently afflicted with the disease. He is 19 years of age, and was first infected 1 year ago by a mysterious girl named Morgan.

Lace (Lacey) - Met Cal Thompson randomly in the elevator in her apartment building. Gets pulled along in the events of Cal's life and duties as a member of the Nightwatch.

Morgan - Cal's progenitor whom he met randomly 1 year ago at Dick's Bar

Hope i could help!

Sorry, I haven't read this series myself, but i've heard about a series called Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. The people who've mentioned it to me have read( and LOVE) Twilight, and while they don't feel like it compares, they said that it was a pretty good book( only the first 2 books in the series are out). So you might want to look into those.

• Jess

Got Fangs? by Katie Maxwell - You'll like it :)

Peeps by Scott is pretty good, It has some romance in it.

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead is pretty good too :)

And The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot (doesn't have vampires, but a hot ghost. You will totally love it. It's my favorite series after Twilight)

Laurell K. Hamilton has a series out, very detailed. I think the first one is Club Vampyre. Excellent. I read the first two a long time ago but I know there are more out now. Long books. Look her up on line.

I'm an ENORRRRRRMOUS Twilight fan. It's my favorite book I've ever read. My friend (also a Twihard) reccomended a book to me called "A Great and Terrrible Beauty" by Libba Bray. I haven't read it yet, but I'm going to. I'm having separation anxiety from finishing Twilight.

the cirque du freak series by darren shan deals alot with vampire so you should give it a look I read all the books i think theres 8 or so

"The Blue Bloods" by Melissa De La Cruz

"A Great and Terrible Beauty" by Libba Bray

"Generation Dead" by Daniel Waters

the vampire dairies by L.J smith. the first and second book is 'the awakening and the struggle', and the third and fourth is the 'the fury and the dark reuion'

try vampire beach

its not as good as twilight but is still a good read

I've enjoyed Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite a lot.

"Sex, Blood and Rock 'n' Roll"