LolaMola asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Looking for toffee recipe?

Hello!

I'd like a toffee recipe that someone has actually tried and enjoyed.

Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

toffee bars

2 cups flour

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

2 egg yolks

1 tsp maple extract

1 stick butter

mix well and spread on to a greased cookie sheet bake at 400 for 16 minutes

when done take a huge hersey bar break into pieces and place on top of hot cookie, when melted spread and then sprinkle with what ever chopped nuts grab you cut into small bars and enjoy

• 1 decade ago

I've tried Paula Deen's English Toffee recipe and it was very good. Here's the recipe if you are interested...

English Toffee

14 tablespoon (or 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons) butter

1 cup sugar

2 tablespoon cold water

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

dash salt

1 (6-ounce bag) semisweet chocolate chips

Generously butter a cookie sheet. Put butter, sugar, and water in a heavy pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a bubbling boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove spoon from pan, and cook to a very brittle stage (300 degrees to 310 degrees F on a candy thermometer). Or, make a cold water test: candy will separate into hard, brittle threads when dropped in cold water. Remove from heat and add nuts to mixture. Add vanilla and salt. Pour onto prepared cookie sheet and spread to 1/4-inch thickness. Cool slightly, top with chocolate chips or chocolate bars, and spread as it melts. Cool completely and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.

• 1 decade ago

Well I have three recipe which I use depending on the mood of my kids which one they want to eat.So, u can try them too

*Easy Toffee

3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)

1/2 cup butter

1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)

1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Grease a 9 x 9-inch cake pan.

Spread the chopped walnuts evenly in the bottom of the pan.

Over high heat, melt together sugar and butter in medium size saucepan until boiling.Lower heat to medium.

Boil over medium heat for 7 minutes.Pour into pan.Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot mixture.

Place a cookie sheet over the pan to retain the heat and melt the chocolate chips.Cut into large squares while hot, then refrigerate until hard.Break into pieces & store in an airtight container.

*Chocolate-Almond Buttercrunch Toffee

2 cups (8 ounces) toasted almonds or hazelnuts, chopped between 'fine' and 'coarse'

2 tablespoons water

1/2 cup (1 stick) salted or unsalted butter, cut into pieces

a nice, big pinch of salt

1 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped, or 1 cup chocolate chips

Lightly oil a baking sheet with an unflavored vegetable oil.

Sprinkle half the nuts into a rectangle about 8' x 10" on the baking sheet.In a medium heavy-duty saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, heat the water, butter, salt, and both sugars. Cook, stirring as little as possible, until the thermometer reads 300 F degrees. Have the vanilla and baking soda handy.

Immediately remove from heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.Quickly pour the mixture over the nuts on the baking sheet. Try to pour the mixture so it forms a relatively even layer. (If necessary, gently but quickly spread with a spatula, but don't overwork it.)

Strew the chocolate pieces over the top and let stand 2 minutes, then spread in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining nuts over the chocolate and gently press them in with your hands.Cool completely and break into pieces to serve. Store in an airtight container

*Walnut Toffee

1 cup butter

1 cup white sugar

1 tablespoon corn syrup

3 tablespoons water

1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, divided

1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips

Butter a 9 inch square baking dish, and set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and corn syrup until smooth. Heat to 290 degrees F (145 degrees C) using a candy thermometer.

When the temperature has been reached, stir in 1 cup of the walnuts, and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into the prepared pan, and allow to cool. When the toffee is cooled, remove from the pan, and place onto waxed paper. Melt chocolate chips in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave, stirring frequently until smooth.

Spread half of the melted chocolate onto one side of the toffee slab, and sprinkle with half of the remaining nuts. Allow to cool until set, then repeat with the other side. Break into bite size pieces when set.

ENJOY :-)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hello there Lola Mola,

While this recipe is absolutely delicious and tastes like toffee, it is not the typical toffee recipe. I think that you will like it, it would't pass it to you if it was not good.

I hope you get lots of great answers and good recipes!

Here is the link. http://www.the-chocolate-spot.com/soda-crackers.ht...

Good Luck!

Genesee

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.