big boy asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

are you a chicago white sox fan?

are you a white sox fan? if so were are you from and why do you like them. I have been a fan my whole life. i am from northwest side of chicago, about 2 miles from wrigley field and i hate the cubs with a passion. i will be holding a 100 year celebration bbq for the cubs not winning a world series. my dad is from the southside and he took me to many games as a kid. i just think most cub fans are gay.

Favorite Answer

There is NO other MAJOR league baseball team in Chicago but the Sox. I am a 30 yr, front row - left field (transferred from "Old Comisky" to "New Comisky" and it will ALWAYS be Comisky) ticket holder, thru good and bad, thick and thin and will be a Sox fan until the day I die. I have been to every opening and closing day since 1975. I was there on April 2, 1990 for the last opening day and Sept 30, 1990 for the last game played at Comisky. I was there April 18, 1991 to open the new park. I have a handful of warning track sand from the old park and the new. I've been to games in snow, rain, fog, wind, hail, sever t-storms, cold and - of course - hot. I have every ticket stub from every game - and my playoff & World Series stubs are framed. I've experienced 90% of the "Veck" promotions, watched a million fireworks, endured players in shorts, have sung "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" almost as many times as Nancy Faust has played it, watched hundreds of games in dispare & another hundred with joy, cried when the old park closed and cry every year as I'm walking down the ramp after the last game and then start counting down the days until the opener. I've seen many records made and broken, countless players come and go and some come back, watched many players leave to soon and watched many that didn't leave soon enough. Have been subjected to years of good & bad owners, GM's & managers. And every one of those years (either good or bad) - subjected to merciless bad media coverage along with every stupid scrub fan. Many souviner balls - fouls - to many to count, 6 homerun and 1 grand slam (Crede May 5, 2005 vs. Seattle). I know the park like the back of my hand and every time I walk in it's like coming home. Sorry, I could ramble on for awhile - and I think I already did - but what sucks is that there are 100 more things I could say. I love and live for baseball. And as far as celebrating that 100 yr drought - don't waste your time, money or energy on the minor league team. I realize that where you are residing it's tempting. True Sox fans do have class and you can show that by trying your best not to express your glee or even acknowledging they exist. Believe me it's hard - especially with all the crap those morons dish out day after day. Just look at them and say "Our trophy case isn't empty." GO SOX!!!!

Whoaaaaa! I am a die-hard White Sox fan! But do you seriously have to make the accusation that most Cub fans are gay??? That is steriotyping. I encourage you to not think that way. As a White Sox fan, no fan should focus on whether the Cubs lose. You should focus on the division. Their wins and losses affect the White Sox, unlike the Cubs.

I am from the western suburbs of Chicago and I'vce liked them since birth. But there are a lot of Cubs fans that are my friends, and you CANNOT make an accusation like that!

When choosing between the two Chicago teams, I would say that I am a Chicago White Sox fan (even though I am primarily a Milwaukee Brewers fan). I'm looking forward to the year that these two teams play in the regular season again. They should play more often.

Anyway, the Chicago White Sox are the classier of the two teams. Sure, the manager blows up a lot, but so does Piniella. I like how their team is put together and the balance they have most years. You never hear them complain as much. They are definitely the better team.

i kind of feel your pain. I live in the Oc but i am a red sox fan. I hate yankees and lakers fans with a passion. There is no doubt in my mind that yankee, laker, and most definetely cub fans are the most smug, arrogant and annoying fans of all sports. I wouldn't mind the other sox winning it all this year,all that really mattered was the first world series we won. Man was that sweet. I just hope you feel what I felt that year. Best feeling in the world. Especially if you guys go down 0-3 and then come back against the cubs. Man i can just see their devastated faces.

Source(s): life

No I am not a White Sox fan & never will be either but have no problem with them or the Cubs

I think alot of Sox fans live on the Northside because they no that the South is a ghetto $hit hole. That being said I can't be a fan. I wear T shirts in public. I have all my teeth. I have a job. I don't own a trailor or be havn rims on my whip. I laughed so hard last year when they were trying to bring more people to visit the southside by putting slogans on the red line like....Do you know cell phones work on the southside......or Did you know they have parking and restaurants on the southside.

No I'm not a white sox fan. I only root for Jim Thome. And as far as what you think of cubs' fans you ought to keep that opinion to yourself.

Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more ramblings from a ignorant sox fan, who's more concerned about the cubs short fallings then his teams conquests, Sox fans all suffering from the Tommy Smothers Complex (mom always liked you best)

ESAD, homophob

I'm from Joliet, Il and have always been a Sox fan thru the good and bad years they have been my team. I have never been to Wrigley field and probably never will be.

lol

Down with the cubs!!!!!!!

Im a Dbacks fan from Los Angeles