Delaney asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how to get rid of belly fat?

what is a quick way to get rid of belly fat without spending any money.my stomach is really strong (I'm in gymnastics and swimming), i just can't lose my belly fat

i walk home every day from school

(about 8 blocks)

i tried sit ups before they don't work

Favorite Answer

I agree with leetard except eating less. It is what you eat more than it is how much.

I'm going to list a few things that you have to eliminate from your diet or really try to. But you still need to read the book to fully understand how the body deals with the food you feed it.

Potatoes or potato products

Corn or corn products

Sugar or hidden sugars - read labels

Flour or anything made from i.e., pastas, bread, cookies etc. - Eat whole grain pasta and breads. Read labels and try to buy only whole grain products. If you want crackers buy Triscuits they are made with whole grain wheat..

White rice - Eat brown rice (no instant)

Bananas

Watermelon

Pineapple

Carrots - in moderation is okay

Any beverages containing sugar - Read labels

Contrary to popular belief, fat does not make us fat. Sugar and refined foods are absorbed into the bloodstream and converted to sugar (glucose) and stored as fat. That is why low fat intake does not work. So you can still have your pasta, bread etc, just buy whole grain. Whole grains are too large to be absorbed into the blood, but their nutrition is absorbed by the intestines therefore they are not stored as fat.

Read labels and try not to buy anything with more than one gram of sugar per serving.

The above is a short list and the worst ones for making and keeping us fat. Drink lots of water, but try not to drink 30 minutes before eating or 30 after as this will interfere with the digestive process.

• Bernay

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

Don't eat that much junk food with fat in it. Just cut down a bit.

If you already eat good food, I recommend more cardio. Like instead of walking, ride a bike. It'll burn calories and will work your whole body.

Do NOT stop eating. Just eat less, or more healthy foods. Also try to do 50 crunches a day. I tried doing crunches during the comercials of my favorite shows, and I lost belly fat in like 2 weeks! Good Luck!!

IF YOU DON'T ALREADY, DRINK 2 GLASSES OF 2% MILK PER DAY, 1 IN THE AM AND 1 IN THE PM. MILK HAS BENEFICIAL FATS THAT SPEED UP YOUR METABOLISM AND ASSIST IN SLIMMING YOUR WAIST. ADDING A LITTLE EXTRA CARDIO TO YOUR WORKOUT WILL INCREASE FAT BURN AND ADDING A (PLAIN) PINK GRAPEFRUIT TO YOUR MORNING MEAL WILL START THE FAT BURNING PROCCES EARLY IN YOUR DAY. CABBAGE IS ALSO A FAT BURNER (FRESH OR LIGHTLY STEAMED) CUT BACK ON FAST FOOD AND CUT ANY SODA OR HIGH SUGAR FRUIT JUICE. ALSO, DRINKING TOO MANY SPORTS DRINKS WILL HINDER FAT LOSS AND IT USUALLT GOES STRAIGHT TO THE BELLY. sPORT DRINKS ARE GREAT FOR ATHLETES, BUT TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING CAN BE BAD. GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE.

Hmmmm.... How ABout Some Curl Ups........ try runnin a little ways home from school instead of walkin..... Or just google it on how to loose belly fat

Source(s): my brain

Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelian that is excellent for breaking down fat and improving digestion. Only fresh pineapple will work, not canned. Canned has been heated, which destroys the enzyme.

you can't lose fat in just one place on your body.. you'll have to do a lot of cardio and eat healthily and eat less

Hi my name is jolomi

1. Well a lot of fruit can help burn down belly fat. And please prevent starvation it does'nt help at all it only worsen the situations

Source(s): 2.lots of exercise like sit-ups, running it also helps

more cardio vascular exercise/aerobics, such as running, cycling, skipping, rowing. or just swim more often. the only way to lose body fat and to become lean are to do these excercises.

maybe try a diet? dont listen to poeple who say "do crunches and sit up", those are only to strengthen your muscles.