What are your reasons why not to live in NYC?

why do people live in the city? why are some ppl against living there?

Favorite Answer

It is extremely expensive. The average price one bedroom apartment in NYC I think is around $2600/month.

Also, you have to really be a people person to live here. You're always surrounded by people--whether it be your roommates (because most people can't afford to live alone) or on the streets with hundreds (or thousands) of other NYers at any given time. You have to get used to rarely having private time alone--and forget personal space. Getting crammed into a subway every rush hour becomes the norm.

It sounds like I'm hating on my city, which I'm not. I just think that people have a very glamorous view of NYC from TV and movies and this city is nothing like that.

Oh, and this city is filthy in the summer months. I have to wash dirt/crap/polution off my face every couple of hours.

Source(s): new yorker who has a love/hate relationship with his city

I wish I lived in NYC for many reasons. I actually used to live in NJ (Union) when I was little, and we'd go to the city almost every weekend. Now there's even more reasons why I'd go.

• ?

I'd rather live in New York, then here in Chicago.

Shitcago, er Chicago sucks big kahuna. New York is a world class city. Shitcago is just an overgrown Midwestern town.

I will be moving there in the future. Alot of people don't live there because they can't afford the housing and it's alot cheaper to just live in Hoboken, NJ or another close jersey city.

I don't like people so I have to live in the sticks where there is not alot of people

I love NYC, but I couldn't afford to live there.

TOOOOO many people... and it is dirty, smelly, full of rude and crude people... it is my hope I never again have to set foot there, or any where near there, ever again.... I do not even want to have do cross through.... apply this to all that lies on the I95 north of Richmond up to Boston and south of the Florida border as well. (Florida does smell better)

1. It's north of the Mason-Dixon.

2. It's too damn cold.

3. New Yorkers are really, really rude.

Otherwise, it's great.

too crowded and too expensive

Toobig, too crowded, too noisy, too dirty.