The Mick 7 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who goes first, Joe Girardi or Brian Cashman?

Favorite Answer

Cashman. How many prospects did he get rid of for his current team? How did the Randy Johnson deal work out? Nice job on blowing $26,000,194.00 PLUS another 20 million over 5 years for a minor league pitcher. Carl Pavano, Jeff Weaver, Kevin Brown - NICE! Damon - why? Girardi is in the same position that Torre was forced in. Torre did the best with what Cashman gave him, but there wasn't enough to win it all. This is the same situation that they are in this year, just worse.

Source(s): Just an opinion from a Red Sox / Baseball fan

Personally, I hope neither of them goes, and it obviously depends on what the Yankees do for the rest of the year, but considering Cashman's contract is up this year, and Girardi was just signed recently, Cashman will probably be the unfortunate fall guy if the Yankees end up tanking.

I think it has to be Cashman at this point, he has been given the pass more often than Girardi at this point, Girardi is just dealing with the team that he was dealt where as Cashman staked his job on the kids that have not performed up to snuff.

Cashman

Most likely Cashman. I don't think the Hanky boy will let Girardi go before Cashman.

• Oz

I think they both stay on. Girardi gets the benefit of the doubt. Its his first season and they are/were in a rebuilding mode no matter what big mouthed Hank Steinbrenner has to say. Anytime you throw three kids into the mix theres going to be some growing pains. Cashman gets a slide too because of his histrionics with the team. Hes shown a lot of patience in the preseason and hopefully he will continue to in the CC Sabathia sweepstakes. This team could turn everything around in a flash;-)

• Ryan S

Brian Cashman will go first. It's only Girardi's first season.

Brian Cashman he has been there too long, and girardi can't be blamed for being there such a short time.

• Josh

Cashman! He's the one responsible for all of this spending!

Not Cashman. He's done a great job ensuring the yanks dont win a world series! J/K!

Seriously, I would think Cashman would be the first to go.

That is just what I've heard my yankee friends tell me.