Can you skip breast feeding and go striaght to pumped, bottled breast milk?

This is my first pregnancy and I am a little nervous about having a newborn to care for. So I was thinking that I would bottle feed to make things a little easier on myself, as a new mom trying to get the hang of everything. Anyway, it was suggested to me that instead of bottle feeding with formula, I should just... show more This is my first pregnancy and I am a little nervous about having a newborn to care for. So I was thinking that I would bottle feed to make things a little easier on myself, as a new mom trying to get the hang of everything. Anyway, it was suggested to me that instead of bottle feeding with formula, I should just pump my breast milk and give the baby that instead. That way I can't chance doing it wrong, my fiance
still gets to bond with the baby (he is very excited about feeding time!) and the baby still gets the benefits of breast milk. Have any of you done this? Skipped the breast feeding- but pumped your milk and went right to bottled breast milk? Even though I understand I'll have to breast feed in the hospital and until I can pump, as they encourage you to feed directly from the breast right away.