I've been using Incredimail for years but after reinstalling it, it has stopped sending outgoing messages.

I have done a lot of configuration from all the help sites possible. This is the msg: Socket Error: 10060 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Help Please! Thank you.

Update:

Thank you youngboy1606 you've hit the nail on the head. I have changed my ISP but they wont answer I'm waiting still. Thanks for the reply.

Again for everyone who answered too.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is just a guess but has your ISP changed recently?

Try changing your SMTP server in the properties of your email account to the SMTP server of your ISP and re-try.

• G Note
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

First check that your smtp settings are set correctly in incredimail.

If they are, it's probably something else that's interfering with the e-mail program. In most cases it's anti-virus software.

Try disabling your anti-virus and/or firewall software and sending mail again.

If it works you've found your culprit.

• 1 decade ago

Go into options,delete the accounts one by one and let Incredimail reconfigure them for you, works every time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try yahoo mail its the best ..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not sure

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.