promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

what's up with David A.'s dad?

so i've heard David A.'s dad from American Idol had some issues witht the show or something, but i never heard exactly what happened. are there like, any articles or videos telling about it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Over the weekend it was reported that David Archuleta's father, stage parent extraordinarie Jeff Archuleta, has lost his backstage pass for American Idol and will no longer be permitted at any of David's rehearsals, a ruling that will likely change nothing in a competition that's already been decided for months, even if it's still completely unfair. According to an Idol source speaking to TMZ, "Jeff has been a complete pain in the butt, interfering with the entire production. He has badgered producers, the band, vocal coaches and even other contestants" — pretty much all the things that've made him the greatest stage dad since Joseph Jackson, and David the greatest Idol finalist in the shows seven-year history.

Apparently the breaking point came last Tuesday when Jeff, David's "musical consultant," advised the front-runner to sing a line from Sean Kingston's hit "Beautiful Girls" during his performance of "Stand by Me," a move that made the song much better in our opinion (we bet Ben E. King wishes he'd thought of it!) at the small cost of "a lot of money" in publishing rights for Idol's producers, who were purportedly "beyond mad." On Wednesday, according to sources, Jeff met with Idol lawyers who told him he's still allowed to sit in the audience during live tapings, but he's "banned from being in the rooms where David is learning or rehearsing his songs."

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

i'm with you Bo 's the father yet why is the DNA saying Rex and David are correct so hm Bo is the father of them the two by some skill or Asa is Rex's Daddy,or extra applicable yet Ben Davidson is Rex's daddy Asa's different son and Vicki's overdue hubby. yet David isn't Rex's daddy for effective observed that on a spoiler.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he told david to change up/add some lyrics and the show didn't have permission from the artist. apparently he did this last thursday. the dad gives me the creeps!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.