Creation stories and holy books?

According to islam , christianity , judaism and mormonism Allah and god created Adam and eve

According to buddhism Avalokisatva (god incarnate) created human life

According to Hinduism Brahama created Human life

I can go on writing about creation accounts in all religions and cultures. so where do we stop?

while i can understand that ancient people needed some myth to keep them going, what makes 21st century people still hold onto such creation myths instead of giving it some other meaning to suit our modern world?

Update:

steve

the 4 monotheistic religions copied from eachother

lol

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just one comment

The validity comes from one single religion having a Savior that arose from the dead.

Not Avalokisatva

Not Brahama

Guess who.................

There is but one true Religion and that would be the one that was begun by Jesus Christ and He would be THE ONLY way to Heaven.

"No one comes to the Father but through Me........." Jeuss Christ

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Historically the religions were separated geographically and linguistically.

Looking at the time line for the orthodox religions, who can make this happened ?

Judiasm was found more than 2,550 years ago.

Buddhism was found 2,500 years ago.

Christian faith was found in the start of the first century.

Early Chinese history of 5,000 years ago, like the Western, is of divine culture. Similar to the Greek mythology, Chinese mythology also consists of various deities, gods, Buddhas, goddesses, Taoists and heaven and earth creation story, While many modern people do not want to recognize the historical existence of the figures in the mythology. Stories of these figures were recorded in the Chinese history, as a tradition of the imperial court. The recorder must document the event when it happened. In the West, the Testaments and the Bible also documented events in ancient time. In addition, there are many ethnic groups in China. Each ethnic group has it own cultural tradition and folklore, enriching the overall Chinese civilization. Besides China, there are many more races and ethnic groups, they all have their own creation stories to tell.

After the Darwin Theory found some 200 years ago, and the industrial and scientific development, the world is now contaminated with pollution.

Communism backed by the atheists' politicians have caused the death of over 100 million people: 80 million in China, 50 million in Russia and less elsewhere in Combodia, Burma, Vietnam, etc. The Chinese Communist regime is spiritually persecuting Tibetan monks, Buddhists, and Falun Gong practitioners. The worst human right abuse is the harvesting of organs from live Falun Gong practitioners.

If the creation stories are not convincing, look at the latest catastrophies: tsunami, cyclone, earthquake this year. The are more bad things to come if mankind does not reduce the karma and listen to God's warning and signs.

• 4 years ago

In qu'ran we have some ayes about Big Bang, about Earth-layers, about moon that is not illuminator ,and etc. So there is an aya that has pointed to the Big Bang. **ان السماوات و الارض کانتا رتقا ففتقنا هما ** It means : Of course Skies and earth(the whole world) was all one (all together) and we make it seperated. We know that in Big bang theory the very first material of this world was some kind of a mixture of electrons,protons,and the other components of matter. And suddenly it was exploded and it grows bigger and bigger and the materials of this world step by step was made by fusion.(By the previous elements).and thus the world has been created. Where was the first energy come from that made that very first material explode ?!?!?!? This aya has pointed to this. Qu'ran has emphasised a lot on Cosmos creation and ordered muslims to think about it. and when we talk about the adam's creation and call the material that he was created with "Soil" its not really soil ! :D Its the elements that the world is created from. Both of them are made by organic material. and Soil here means Organic material. In 1400 years ago nobody knows what is organic material (except the ones that Allah wants like The Holy Prophet, and his holy family peace be upon them all)

• Esra
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes each nation had in them the need to have a higher power that gives life a better meaning

in all the gods (either statues or imaginary as some say) it was there for us to make sence for something we cannot explain

like "who created the earth .. sun and starts?"

"who created us in this specific way .. ?"

"why are we on earth from the start? to eat and sleep then die?"

BUT statues that do not benofit you nor harm you is not a god .. something that you can break is not a god .. a man in flesh who ate and could die is not a god

god is who created all those ... to see whether we choose the right way ...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i really dont know your answer to your question but i can tell you this:

In Judaism, God created Man[adam] and a woman[lilith] from the earth. so they can be equal to each other. Adam didnt wanted that so Lilith left the garden and turned into a demon. Then later God created a woman from a mans rib.

The christian changed all this around because they wanted men with more power: it was to crush the female divinity. In other words, christianity is for men.

• 1 decade ago

You ask why people today still hold onto myths to keep them going, but I choose to have faith in God who is my strength. His presence in my life has been much too powerful and helpful for me to simply brush Him aside with doubt and classify Him a myth. A lot of people today have to be able to see something or be able to justify or calculate things for it to be true. And whoever said Christianity is only for men is dead wrong! Jesus will turn no one away who sincerely calls on His name!

• 1 decade ago

People have an innate desire to be mentally or religiously ruled, most of them anyway.

We can give anything the meaning we want to, it is called rationalisation, which most people do every day. That accommodates their actions.

Forget about man-made religion, it is on the way out. Live your life with confidence and relaxation, enjoy yourself. Just respect your personal principles and live by them.

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

Those who take such creation myths as literal fact are deluded. Meaning can be found in them when taken as they were meant - instructive stories on what it means to be human.

Literalism is a bizarre belief.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ حُمِّلُوا التَّوْرَاةَ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَحْمِلُوهَا كَمَثَلِ الْحِمَارِ يَحْمِلُ أَسْفَارًا بِئْسَ مَثَلُ الْقَوْمِ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِآَيَاتِ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ ﴿62:5﴾

(62:5) The parable of those who were charged with the Torah and then they failed to live up to it *7 is that of a donkey *8 laden with books. Even more evil is the parable of the people who gave the lie to the Signs of Allah. *9 Allah does not direct such wrong-doers to the Right Way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

we know u have problems with ur book what u read and don't understand

Source(s): QURAN E KAREEM SURA 62
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We each have a voice .God will separate the

word's and thought's thereof.

most say 1and 1 is 2.

But some say 1 and 1 is 3

What do you say.You can see that every answer can not

be accepted.

Again,some say doctor's can give you life.

I say they have no control over wheather i live or die,

that is up to God.They can only do what they can do.

What do you say.I say fact's speak for themselves.

AND...........TO EACH THEIR OWN.

Source(s): DIVINE EDUCATION
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.