best piano pieces ever???

hi

i need a list of nice piano pieces....i really mean NICE.......well, it might like it if it were very touching or something that is fast and enjoyable...i am requesting for a short list of the best pieces ever.....i have played the following:

Fur Elise

Claire de Lune

Ballade pour Adeline

lots of others...(i can't really memorize them)

i am currently learning:

Fanatasie Impromptu - Chopin

Revolutionary Etude - Chopin

Liebestraum - Liszt

.......etc......

please list really nice pieces and who composed them. it would also be nice if you can give me links to be able to listen to the pieces or links where i can download the music sheets........

Please help me!!! I need a piece that will inspire me to practice more, enjoy, and love more playing the piano.

Thanks =)

Favorite Answer

1. Bach - Minuet in G

A lovely little piece that's not difficult to play but always makes you feel good.

2. Bach - Prelude No. 1 in C from the Well-tempered Clavier

One of Bach's most-often performed preludes. It was taken by Gounod and used as the accompaniment for his "Ave Maria." Notice the arpeggios used as the foundation for the whole piece.

3. Beethoven - Fur Elise

For some reason, every pupil I've taught wanted to learn this piece. It's fun to play but it's a lot longer than most people think. There are some tricky bits as well, so make sure you practice them separately.

4. Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata

Another classic that everybody has a go at. Most people are familiar with the first slow movement, but because it's in the key of C# minor it's more of an intermediate piece than one for a beginner.

5. Brahms - Hungarian Dance in F Sharp minor

A great piece to get your feet tapping. This is one of those tunes you want to play really fast. It's got a real gypsy atmosphere to it and makes you feel good when you've successfully mastered it.

6. Chopin - Prelude in A Op. 28, No. 7

Chopin's Prelude is quite a simple piece, although the chords can be tricky at first. It's in the key of A major, so it's perfect for intermediate levels. Like most great pieces, it's fun to play slowly or quickly, depending on your mood. Although it's called a prelude, it's in 3/4 time and feels a lot like a waltz.

7. Debussy - Claire de Lune

On the face of it, this seems like an easy little piece. However, it's in the key of D flat major, and there are lots of spots where the music modulates to places you don't think it's going to. A great way to introduce yourself to Impressionism.

8. Joplin - The Entertainer

Another all-time favorite is Scott Joplin's classic "The Entertainer." Nice to have a bit of ragtime in the mix. This is not a difficult piece to play, but like everything else it's difficult to play well. Being in the key of C makes it a bit easier, though.

9. Mozart - Turkish March

The "Turkish March" in A minor is one of those pieces you just have to play. It's not that easy, especially if you want to get it up to speed. There's lots of fancy finger work that needs control to play well, but it's rewarding when you do eventually get it right.

10. Rachmaninoff - Prelude in C# Minor Op. 3, No. 2

As usual with Rachmaninoff, there are loads of big chords for both hands. It takes dedication to conquer this one. It's worth it in the end, though, as this is another of those pieces that makes you feel like you're bringing thunder d

1

Source(s): End of The World Prophecy http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy

Best Piano Song Ever

A lot depends on what you want. Do you want a keyboard that sounds and feels like a Piano – then you’re looking for a keyboard or Digital Piano with WEIGHTED keys. Listen carefully to the piano sound – don’t be bamboozled by all the other buttons. If you want something portable then you are looking for a keyboard. Personally I would still look for one with weighted keys – I hate the feel of light plastic keys.

Get a keyboard with at least 61 keys – anything less and you will be craving for more keys after a few days. Also make sure get a sustain pedal, a keyboard is absloutely a dead thing without one. Without a sustain pedal as soon as you lift your finger off a key the sound stops dead – with a piano at least the strings vibrate for a second or two – the difference is quite noticeable.

More Articles coming soon…

Click Here : http://tinyurl.com/q2ugd6t

These are some of favorite pieces to play

Chopin- Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Nocturnes in E flat and F# major

Rachmaninoff- Preludes, opus 23, nos. 4-7, opus 32, nos. 5,10, and 12

Beethoven- Sonatas 8, 14, and 23 (Apathetique, Moonlight, and Appassionata, respectively)

Schumann- Aufschwung, Kindersenen

Mendellsohn- Songs without words, Restlessness, Spring Song, Hunting Song, Venetian Boat Song, etc.

Prokofiev- Suggestion Diabolique

Bach- Fantasia in C minor

Grieg- Piano Concerto in A minor

This is another one of those questions that seems to crop up with monotonous regularity. Of course it is hard to define what constitutes "difficulty." They are all difficult to me - however, there are a few pieces that are usually mentioned as amongst the most difficult, either because of their length and the shear endurance required to play them or the fact that you have to have a huge span or double jointed fingers... The pieces most commonly quoted when discussing this subject are: Islamey - An Oriental Fantasy (Balakirev) Gaspard de la Nuit (Ravel) 52 Studies on Chopin Etudes (Godowsky) Opus Clavicembalisticum (Sorabji) Of course there are a number of works by Liszt that might be included in this list ranging from the Trancendental Etudes to Reminiscences of Don Juan. As has already been pointed out - the question is highly subjective.

Explore the book of "Preludes" by Chopin.

Most are relatively short pieces, some consist of only one page. But, taken together, they encompass the extremes of "dynamics": some very fast, others extremely slow. Some mournfully sad, others exhuberantly joyous; some loud, some very soft.

His book of Etudes, are in my opinion, examples of his best efforts; and if you are already working on the Fantasie Impromtu and the Revolutionary Etude(very difficult passages for the left hand, which most beginning pianist have extreme difficulty with), you might want to consider the rest of them; and maybe try playing the easier passages of some.

Don't fret, become discouraged because you are unable at present, to play them at proper tempo: few pianist can claim to have accomplished this, ever.

I hope that you have a good teacher; but the way you phrased your question, sounds like to might not have: if at all possible, you should try to obtain at least a competent one, they are important, regardless of what you may think now.

You can probably listen/view all of the above listed on You Tube. Can't help you with free sheet music download. Perhaps another responder will be able to.

Much good luck,

Alberich

I love Beethoven (though I can't play him yet) so here goes:

Sonata 14 (Moonlight) -the 3rd part is so exciting

Waldstein - (i don't remember the number, sorry) it has a really quick and catchy motif

And Chopin's Winter Wind, since you show a liking for him

I'm going to have to agree with ansq. Scriabin's etude op 8 no. 12 is probably my favorite. Listen to Horowitz play it at carnegie hall(56 I think)...wow.

Carly comando - everyday.

you can buy the sheet music for 7 bucks on her myspace page she will email you a pdf. it is a tough piece for some, but a good challenge.

i also like michael nymans piece "the heart asks pleasure first" from the movie the piano but i never bothered to hunt down sheet music. Come to think of it anything by michael nyman is good.

I have always enjoyed beethovens 14th (moonlight) the most tho (playing it). It just puts me in a good place. have the sheet for that in a book.

Edit: Just me, Good Choice.