promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Home AC Blower Fan stopped working, Outside Condenser & Fan continue to work?

Today my inside the Home AC Blower Fan stopped working, but the Outside Condenser & Fan continue to work.

Should the Outside Condenser & Fan STOP working with the inside home Blower Fan not working ???

What would cause the inside home Blower Fan to stop working, fuse, internal circuit breaker ???

Outside I have an Allegiance 12 American Standard Air Conditioner.

Inside home Blower Fan is mounted, in the garage, on a American Standard Freedom 80 Comfort R Furnace.

Update:

Outside AC Condenser & Fan is - Allegiance 12 American Standard.

Inside [garage] AC Blower Fan is mounted on top of American Standard Freedom 80 Comfort R Furnace.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The indoor and outdoor unit have separate breakers,so one can run with the other.It would not cool. Check the separate breakers to be sure their on.Take the cover off the t-stat, you will see a red and a green wire.remove these and touch them together.If the fan runs you probably have a bad thermostat.If it does not .The problem is inside the indoor unit.There is a disconnect or breaker on the cover. remove it, pull the cover off and put the dis connect back in.If the fan hum ms or turns slowly you have a bad capacitor or fan motor. Try the cap. first,if still not running the motor is most likely the problem.Should the motor not try to run or hum,it could be a blown fuse, you will see it in a small circuit board if you have one.It could be the circuit board itself,or a bad fan relay.A meter can help you trace this if you have one.Be careful as there is 220 volts powering this unit.Good luck

Source(s): Service Tech.
    • happened to my Carrier unit last week. It was a blown capacitor on the home blower fan which I replaced myself in less than 15 minutes. It'slocated under the second/internal control board cover, left side.
      Cost? $8.85 for the replacement OEM part + Fedex 2-day shipping $17. Eat that heatwave! :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Home AC Blower Fan stopped working, Outside Condenser & Fan continue to work?

Today my inside the Home AC Blower Fan stopped working, but the Outside Condenser & Fan continue to work.

Should the Outside Condenser & Fan STOP working with the inside home Blower Fan not working ???

What would cause the inside home Blower Fan to stop working, fuse, internal circuit breaker...

Source(s): home ac blower fan stopped working condenser fan continue work: https://biturl.im/DvZlS
  • 1 decade ago

put in fan only does it work? if it does then a/c on fan on if it doesnt look at capacitor for fan either way your going to have to call a tech dont run it could do more damage could be board t-stat cap or high speed windings or low voltage wire from t-stat good luck it will ice up if you keep running it and no the outside should not run without the blower running

• fixit
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

One could quit and the other keep running and running and running, shut off the power to your outside unit.

If your knowlegable about this -

Check with a meter and see if you have voltage to the motor in the furnace.

If you do, take down the information on the inside motor label and call Grainger. (Brand, Model Number)

They should have a new one.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/start.shtml

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try to change your AC

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no! one thing could go out and not and another!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.