Does Nintendo DS have internet access?

does nintendo ds have free internet access or is it just for games online? i mean could u go on youtube, myspace, etc?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No it's not like actual internet. You just play with people worldwide.

• 1 decade ago

The DS can be connected to the internet using a wireless internet connection, whether from the Nintendo Wifi USB connector, a wireless router, or going to a compatible hotspot (public places with free wifi access.) Having internet access on the DS is mostly for games (such as Pokemon,) but if you have the Opera browser (comes as a DS cartridge, but was discontinued,) you can view some webpages. With the browser, you could connect to those websites with limited features (there's no flash capabilities, so viewing videos wouldn't be possible,) but without it the only internet access you can get is ingame playing on Wifi enabled games..

• 1 decade ago

Yes and its not as great as you would think Its called Nintendo DS Browser or Opera Browser, I forget. Either way, you can load any web page from the net on your DS, the only catch is that the DS (more like the browser) does not support video and/or audio playback.

Myspace works flawlessly, You can access youtube if you want, but you cant watch videos... bummer huh?

• 1 decade ago

nintendo wifi only works for games but there is something you can buy that lets you use it to surf the web. i dont know how well it works though. i believe that either way you still need to be in range of a wifi signal

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can go on myspace and all if you buy the browser with nintendo points. and also no for videos it needs a whole total codec/program/hardware

• 1 decade ago

if you buy the Nintendo DS Browser you can.

but it does not support videos.

and they don't sell it in stores anymore.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you buy a thingy for like $30

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think u can buy something for it to make it have internet

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.