I cant remember the name of this movie. A female teacher and students are chased by men in masks?

What I remember of the movie was a young teacher and her students are being chased threw the mountains or something by a group of men in masks and outfits. I know one of them was dressed like santa clause, and I think another was dressed like the easter bunny. ??????????????

Favorite Answer

Fortress (1986 TV movie)

IMDB synopsis:

"Fortress" explores a shocking concept: how easily a borderline between a victim and an attacker can be crossed. The children and the teacher (Rachel Ward), calm and peaceful by nature, when driven beyond their limits by the kidnappers eventually respond with a cruelty and fury extending that of their oppressors.

IMDB review:

The story is very simple to follow. A young teacher, preparing for a well deserved hiatus, and her small class of nine students are kidnapped by masked gunmen and taken to the Australian Outback. To this day, years later may I add, the images of those crazed masked men are still vivid in my mind. The underwater scene at the cave was probably one of the most horrifying moments in the entire movie. I remember holding my breath and gasping for air as I sat and watched them struggle to free themselves from captivity. The ending is enough to send chills down one's spine.

TRIVIA:

Loosely based on the 1972 Faraday School kidnapping of a teacher and her class by Edwin John Eastwood and Robert Clyde Boland. Eastwood later escaped from prison and repeated the crime with another teacher and her class in 1977.

I haven't seen this film for many years, but I remember much of it vividly. Rachel Ward had just had a hit with "The Thorn Brids" TV miniseries, so , when this showed up on HBO, I watched it many times. Unfortunately, I taped over my copy and have been hoping that it will be aired again someday.

Fortress. Awesome.

Sounds like you're remembering a dream :)

fortress, great movie. i think they were in mine shafts under the school

It was a strange dream that you had. Stop eating sausage before bed

hmmm.... sounds familiar..cant recall though.