Snake HELP???

I live in Queensland Australia... I am planning to buy a pet snake in the next month or two. I just have a few questions: 1. Where in Qld or Australia is the best place to buy a snake? 2. Would a jungle carpet python be a good snake to start with, is size the only issue? (Out of all the snakes i've... show more I live in Queensland Australia...
I am planning to buy a pet snake in the next month or two. I just have a few questions:
1. Where in Qld or Australia is the best place to buy a snake?
2. Would a jungle carpet python be a good snake to start with, is size the only issue? (Out of all the snakes i've researched i like this one the best)
3. What snakes are you allowed to have as pets in Australia?
4. What tank size would be the best? Can i just buy one for an adult snake and put a baby snake in there, or will it get scared?
I would love to own a green tree python but i understand first hand experience is needed. I really don't want to get a children's python or a pygmy python.
I have loved snakes all my life but i have been unable to have one as a pet because my family never allowed it.
Any information or first hand experience would be great, thank you for time.
Update: I love ball pythons but unfortunately they are not allowed in Australia, same with corn snakes.
Update 2: Im pretty sure this is what you can get on an Australian snake licence: Black-headed Python Green Tree Snake Children’s Python Water Python Eastern Small-blotched Python Olive Python Pygmy Python Large-blotched Python Centralian Carpet Python Carpet and Diamond Python complex Jungle Carpet... show more Im pretty sure this is what you can get on an Australian snake licence:
Black-headed Python
Green Tree Snake
Children’s Python
Water Python
Eastern Small-blotched Python
Olive Python
Pygmy Python
Large-blotched Python
Centralian Carpet Python
Carpet and Diamond Python complex
Jungle Carpet Python
South-western Carpet Python
Coastal Carpet Python
Carpet/Diamond Python (natural intergrade)
Carpet Python
Diamond Python
North-western Carpet Python
Slate-grey Snake