Confederate Flag- YOUR opinion.?

What do you think? I live in Pennsylvania and I'm half black. I live in a small town and some kids in my school have mini Confederate flags sewn on their backpacks. To me, it represents slavery, bigotry and hatred, but to some people it represents state rights. States have rights now, even though we do have... show more What do you think? I live in Pennsylvania and I'm half black. I live in a small town and some kids in my school have mini Confederate flags sewn on their backpacks.

To me, it represents slavery, bigotry and hatred, but to some people it represents state rights. States have rights now, even though we do have a federal government.

Are you offended? Why/why not!
Update: Also, "The South will rise again?"

what does that mean?
Update 2: Take over the North?
..as in they think we're going to through THAT all over again?
Update 3: It confuses me when people born and raised up here think that they have any sort of affliction with the South.

I understand a southerner being proud of their flag, but for someone who has no southern heritage..?
Update 4: Calling us Yankess and saying that we can't survive in the wilderness is stereotypical too, haha. Pennsylvania is mostly forest, though by the way ;]
Update 5: I just finished studying US History, that's why I was wondering.

If the South would have won, that means there would probably still be slavery/ the south would be separate.

Why would you want that?
Update 6: No, no I don't think that people from the South are bad at all.

Actually, it kind of bothers me that there's still sectionalism here. Why does it matter if I'm a Yankee, or you're a southerner? We're all Americans.