for banking reasons is USAA good?

leaving for BT soon and i need to pick a bank. get a debit card and all that crap i was looking into it and USAA looks good no bank service charges and they even pay it back to you when you use other banks. seems very nice any suggestions on other banks like BOA?

• Sativa
    Favorite Answer

We use USAA for banking, car/renters insurance and our car loan and have had zero problems. The banking is free and the accounts even pay interest (albeit pennies). I've always had positive experiences with customer service on all of our accounts. I also like that that refund up to $15/month in ATM fees. I like being able to do everything online, even deposit checks, but if you ever need a "real" person, there is always someone to help at the 800 #.

Overall I'd say their rates are competitive and beat many places. They're also very generous with their auto loans. They gave us a loan when every other local bank was turning us down. We got a better rate too!

You may also want to check out their insurance rates. Ours are about $600-800 lower than most other places, sometimes even more.

I've met many people who've gotten bullied into BoA when they went into basic and they HATE it. Some complained of a lot of fees and hassles.

We've been banking with USAA for 3 years now, and have had insurance with them (starting through our parents) for over 10. It's a very good company to work with, and once you join, you're a member for life.

Source(s): USAA Customer with multiple accounts

What kind of loan are you going to apply for? Conventional? FHA? VA? Not all lenders handle all types.