15 year old girl starting motocross.?

I really wanna take up motocross. My mom said flat out no, because my older sister had a motor cycle accident a few years ago, and almost lost her leg. But my dads only reason is that you're 'sposed to start when you're young (like 5) I know its not too late to start, but I don't know how to... show more I really wanna take up motocross. My mom said flat out no, because my older sister had a motor cycle accident a few years ago, and almost lost her leg. But my dads only reason is that you're 'sposed to start when you're young (like 5)
I know its not too late to start, but I don't know how to convince him to let me.
I have a barn job, so I do bring in some money, and I could put that 'twords getting a bike/all the other things..

This is something I really want to do..
Help
Update: okay. well I already play guitar..but anyway [haha] i have no interest in learning how to drive..i dont think im going to even take drivers ed until i'm 18 or something, because i can walk everywhere. So far, I have my mind set on being a horse trainer, and I can walk to the barn..so I really don't need... show more okay.
well I already play guitar..but anyway [haha]
i have no interest in learning how to drive..i dont think im going to even take drivers ed until i'm 18 or something, because i can walk everywhere. So far, I have my mind set on being a horse trainer, and I can walk to the barn..so I really don't need to be saving up for that stuff yet.

Anyway, yes. I really want to do it. I've wanted to everyday for two years now.

& my sister never did motocross/she didnt have gear. Yeah, she was wearing a helmet..but it was a accual motor cycle..on a highway. It was too big for her, and she crashed