Craving a beer during pregnancy????

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
im 39 weeks and 1 day pregnant but im craving a beer... a smirnoff.... yummy ! Im going nuts! I want to know if that would be soo bad!!??? any idea what could happen if i drink it??? ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
One isnt THAT bad..but keep it at one. I had times during both my pregnancys when I craved beer, and I had a few beers during my pregnancy and my babys are fine. During my first pregnancy I enjoyed and craved Rolling Rock Beer, which for me is strange because every other time in my life, except those 9 months, I hate Rolling Rock and normally a Buweiser girl. But keep it to one, and no more. Dont have anymore until after the babys born unless you plan on breast feeding

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
i hate that ppl think that if you drink one beer during pregnancy your baby will have alcohol syndrome... it just ridiculous... im sure one is not going to affect him... anyway i had a non-alcoholic one... and i got the taste soo its ok... thanks for the comment :D
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (15)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • superexcitedbaby#1 answered 6 years ago
    it is not going to do anything to the baby if you have one beer. people are way over the top sometimes. there are plenty of doctors who TELL you that you can have a glass of wine or a beer on occasion
    • 2
    • Comment
  • 1love answered 6 years ago
    just take one small drink and throw the rest away.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Dawny answered 6 years ago
    Click on the link of a previous question that was asked and you might find the answer you are looking for. You can always call your Dr and ask. And also keep in mind that if you are craving beer, you can try the Non Alcoholic kind as well. I have been craving beer forever. Now I make hubby open a cold one and I take a sip to rid myself of the craving.. Good Luck..

Source(s):

• 2
    • Comment
  • {{Baby GiRL}}*DUE IN SEPT.* answered 6 years ago
    I've been craving a wine cooler throughout my whole pregnany...it may just be due to stress during pregnancy. But I have stayed away from it with great willpower. I don't understand what all the fuss is about drinking alcohol in the US though. In Europe they drink wine during their whole pregnancy and they have a lower percentage of babies born with defects and abnormalities. I know some doctors to reccommend it and say its ok to drink 2-3 glasses of wine a week as long as you don't abuse it.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • elsie answered 6 years ago
    You're sooo close! If you drink it, the baby will be fine, but if you're anything like me you'll feel guilty and won't enjoy it anyway.

Why not just grab a soda instead, and wait until the baby is born to cave in to the craving?
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Jenine answered 6 years ago
    I agree with llexy! I can't see the thumbs up or down cause there's something blocking it...weird i know...but yes, i agree with her!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Jess:Mom of 4 girls answered 6 years ago
    I hear ya sweetheart!!! I actually crave a beer pretty bad.

Don't do it though. I know it's hard..but there have been no studies to say that even having one drink won't have consequences.

Try having some juice in a wine glass or a virgin daiquiri..Or try a non-alcholic beer.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • *YAYA LUVS HER HUBBY LUIS* answered 6 years ago
    As a matter of fact it wont affect you at all. Now if you drink more than one it will. My sister-in-law was 5 months pregnant but she only drank half of a smirnoff, it didnt affect her at all...plus she even drank wine like about (4 glasses), and her babay came out ok. I've seen alot of my girls drink half of a beer or smirnoff but not more than half and everything came out ok.TRUST me cause they are all alcoholics and they cannot stay away from beer!!, but just make sure you drink it slow and ONLY HALF!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Skatin' answered 6 years ago
    One beer is okay...I wouldn't do it myself, though. I had the same craving in my first pregnancy and eventually had a non-alcoholic beer. Just one was enough to get the craving for the taste out of my system. I didn't want to get drunk, I just wanted the taste.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Leslie answered 6 years ago
    I love beer! Before I got pregnant I might drink around 12 beers a month. But when I got pregnant I didn't drink at all until after I delivered. I craved it so much, that I joked with the guys that I work with that I wanted them to sneak one into me at the hospital. You'd probably be ok, but you're so close that I'd wait. Congratulations and good luck!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Joshilan (Momma to 3 boys) answered 6 years ago
    Get a six pack of non alcoholic beer!! No alcohol, but all the taste.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Starsfan14 answered 6 years ago
    I completely understand, but you are almost there so just hold out a little longer. Alcohol can thin your blood so if you went into labor right after or during your beer there is a small chance it could cause some bleeding (remote but why take the chance) As soon as your baby is born and you are home then you can indulge in a beer. Some say that a little beer is good for breastfeeding and anyway one beer will not hurt your baby after is born regardless if you breastfeed or not.

I do understand your craving. My husband and I went with his hockey team to a tournament in Vegas when I was about 14 weeks pregnant. I still wasn't showing so waitress were always asking me if I wanted anything to drink. It was soooo hard to say no, but I did and I am glad that I did.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Lamont answered 6 years ago
    Don't do it.

Women in Europe drink a little wine throughout their pregnancies, but it doesn't make it okay. It is never a wise idea.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ta7series21 answered 6 years ago
    NO. You can wait till baby comes out and you are done breast feeding. Don't be selfish, think of the baby.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • llexy answered 6 years ago
    Pregnancy and alcohol don’t mix. While you may be a bit reluctant to go without that glass of chardonnay with dinner throughout your nine months of pregnancy, Health Canada says that there is no determined safe level of drinking during pregnancy and even moderate consumption of alcohol can have serious, long-term effects on a developing baby.

In a joint statement issued in March 2004, Health Canada, the Canadian Paediatric Society and 17 other Canadian health organizations, including the Canadian Confederation of Midwives, advised that the “prudent choice” for women who are, or may become pregnant, is to abstain from drinking alcohol. that being said you can't ever be to sure...I had small glass of wine once during my pregnancy on a special occasion...

If you are worried and it's the taste you want try buying an alcohol free beer...you'll get the taste without the alcohol...hope this helps :)
    • 2
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock