looking for book publishers or agencies (also have list of authors)???

Well, i'm trying to publish a couple of my books, but i can't find any good book publishers that are relatively cheap. I have a list of authors that i was hoping to e-mail and ask what's a good publisher or agency, but i can't find their e-mails anywhere either. If one of y'all are one of these authors, know one of their e-mail addresses, or know good publishers/agencies... well that's what i'm looking for.

Stephenie Meyer

Jerry Spinelli

Zilpha Keatley Snyder

Linda Joy Singleton

Holly Black

J. K. Rowling

Meg Cabot

Neil Gaiman

Nikki Grimes

Jessie Haas

Kristen Hannah

Jax Abbott

Diana Wynne Jones

Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

Uri Orlev

Barbara Leonie Picard

Lynn Mason

Sharon Shinn

L. M. Montgomery

Christopher Pike

Brenda Wilkinson

Peter Lerangis

Gail Carson Levine

Alice Wood

Anna Swell

Kathryn Wesley

E. B. White

Jo Whittemore

Alice Mead

Kate DiCamillo

Louis Lowry

Louis Duncan

Anthony Horowitz

Eva Ibbotson

Amanda Brown

David Clement-Davies

S. E. Hinton...

Roald Dahl

C. S. Lewis

Kate Thompson

Eoin Colfer

Jane Louise Curry

REx Estes

Eve Bunting

Win Blevins

K. A. Applegate

Avi (Ed Avi???)

Jean M. Auel

Max Evans

Judy Blume

Jeanne DuPrau

Sarah Dessen

Patrick Jennings

Caroline Steverner

Jules Verne

Larry Weinberg

Nicholas Sparks

Yves Meynard

Robin Jarvis

Cassandra Clare

Anne McCaffrey

Lisa McCann

Kristopher Reisz

Amanda Marrone

Kathleen Duet

Kelly McClymer

Neal Shusterman

Justine Musk

Herbie Brennan

Patrice Kindl

Well that's all of the authors. Thanks!!!

Favorite Answer

Well, I think it'd be a miracle if you could contact all of those authors. I'm sure they have busy lives and aren't taking calls.

I would recommend only two books that will help you very much. The 2008 Writer's Market, as the two answerers have told you and one that is going to tell you everything you NEED to know about publishing, the world of publishing, agents and publishers. It's called The Complete Idiot's Guide to Getting Published.

It's a great addition to any book shelf and it'll be useful for years to come, unlike the Writer's Market which will be out as soon as 2009 comes around. It's the only reason I wouldn't buy that book, but you could get both at the library. It's inexpensive and quicker as well.

I've read the book and it's written by an editor. It's going to help you a lot. Good luck with the publishing process!

Unfortunately for me I have not gotten that far in my story writing. I hope I will soon though. Let me know how it goes!

Getting published is a long process that most times, takes years. As it is, you'll save yourself a lot of time and effort if you simply get the 2008 Writer's Market. It has the info you need. You don't go around emailing authors for information.

Additionally, you don't pay a publisher to get published. Get the book, and do more research on how to get published.

Pick up a 2008 Writer's Market and send out some query letters to different agents. I'm sure you can find one that will try moving your book.

• Pamela

Berrett-Koehler Publishers can get your book published easily; they do things their own way.