Lost email messages after system restore?

Hello I use Outlook 2002 on home pc Windows xp and had to do a system restore to 3 days earlier. When I rebooted I had lost my email account details which I have now recreated but all messages have disappeared from the deleted items and all messages from a "keep" folder along with all contact details. It... show more Hello I use Outlook 2002 on home pc Windows xp and had to do a system restore to 3 days earlier. When I rebooted I had lost my email account details which I have now recreated but all messages have disappeared from the deleted items and all messages from a "keep" folder along with all contact details. It looks like I have now got a new profile created on pc which says martin_MARTIN and one that says martin. Is there a way to know which is new and which is old and somewhere I can look to find and restore these files so that I can see them from inside Outlook? Will it work if I undo the restore (I have run Superantispyware and removed infected files which I think was cause of original problem that had stopped emails and internet from working) I have also lost original desktop icons and background but can live with that but thought it might help with identificationof problem/solution. Early answers appreciated and many thanks in anticipation as a lot of important contacts have been lost.
Update: Hello all now undone restore & got all old emails & addresses back but lost the ones deleivered but not read in the two days inbetween restore & unrestore. Any ideas?
1 answer 1