Who gets the title shots after the #1 contenders?

So here is the run down on the up coming title fights. Not all of them are announced but you can guarantee you that they will happen.

Nogueira vs. Mir for the HW Title

Rampage vs. Griffin for the LHW Title

Silva vs. Okami for the MW Title

GSP vs. Fitch for the WW Title

Winnner of Sherk and Penn vs. Winner of Ruerta vs. Florien for the LW Title (I don't care if I spelled them wrong)

So after all these fights are said and done, who are the front runners for a title shot in their division?

LW - If Tyson Griffin and Rich Climenti with their respected fights at UFC 84 and 86, they should meet for a number one contenders match.

WW - If Marcus Davis beats Mike Swick at UFC 85, he should get a shot no matter what. I don't care if Matt Serra wins his next fight. Davis has not lost since 2005 and he deserves a shot.

MW - Its a toss up between Marquardt and Bisping for me. I wish we would get to see Bisping vs. Leben but, Bisping vs. Marquardt would be a great matchup too.

LHW - If Jardine beats Wandy, you give it to Jardine. If Jardine loses and Machida wins, you give it to Machida... or you set up a Machida vs. Evans once Evans is healthy.

HW - God this division sucks. I guess if Werdum beats Vera you put him in it. The only other argument would be Arlovski but he looks like he is out the door. Keep an eye out for the undefeated Shane Carwin and the very young Cain Velasquez. Both are new to the UFC HW Division but look to have a bright future.

Favorite Answer

Here are my opinions.

The next fight would probably be Werdum or Brandon Vera. The heavyweight division is very weak.

LHW - If Machida wins against Ortiz, I see him in contention. Machida did KO Rich Franklin and Stephan Bonnar in Japan. If not Machida, James Irvin would be the next most likely choice.

Jardine isn't a bad fighter. Forest Griffin, the guy he KO'd in the first round, is up for a title shot. Both Forest and Jardine have suffered KO's in the last year, but why is Forest up for the title shot? Forest is a much more marketable champion than Jardine, whose ackward style and persona aren't crowd winners. Jardine is probably the most deserving fighter to fight for the crown, but he's going to be about two or three fights away.

MW - There are a lot of talented middleweights, but the picture is a mess. Anderson Silva has cleaned out a lot of the good fighters. There's not many left that have a legit shot at the title. Bisping is good, but he's not ready to go against Silva after having one fight as a middleweight.

I'm thinking Jason MacDonald would be the next most worthy challenger.

For Welterweight, call me crazy but if BJ Penn beats Sherk, I have a feeling he'll move up and challenge GSP again. I don't know if Dana White will let him move up so soon though, because there are still a couple other guys in the division that are credible like Huerta, Florian and Edgar.

If BJ doesn't move up to WW, then Marcus Davis or Karo would be good choices for the title shot.

For Lightweight, I think the winner of the Florian-Huerta fight will get the title shot. If Florian wins, he'd better make the most of it, because this will be his second challenge for the title. If Sherk wins, then Clementi or Nate Diaz will get the nod.

Nogueira vs. Mir for the HW Title

Rampage vs. Griffin for the LHW Title

Silva vs. Okami for the MW Title

GSP vs. Fitch for the WW Title

really tough to do this since it is very hard to predict a single fight let alone multiple fights but i'll give this a try since it seems like it could be fun

hw-werdum

lhw-machida

mw-tough one here whoever gets it needs a couple wins so i'll go with a dark horse and say ricardo almeida

ww-thiago alves(if he beaats hughes, if he loses then koscheck)

lw-loser of sherk/penn vs winner of sherk/penn vs huerta/florian

lw-tyson griffin

ww-thiago alves if he wins. Maybe Marcus Davis if he wins and alves loses

mw-wanderlei

lhw-machida

hw-Werdum if he wins. god only knows if he loses