Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

Are people with lighter eyes (blue or green) more sensitive to sun light?

Just wondering.

Favorite Answer

Yes, it has been clinically proven that blue irises scatter and transmit more unwanted light into the retina than brown irises. See the work of TJ van den Burg, a Netherlands physicist specializing in intraocular light scatter.

Blue Eyes Sensitive To Light

• ?

people lighter eyes blue green sensitive sun light

Interesting that you should ask this question. I have very light blue eyes and I have always been really sensitive to the sun. I remember telling a friend of mine with brown eyes way back in high school something about my eyes being really sensitive to light because of the color and his dismissing it as my talking sh** (as he was predisposed to doing). I always thought it seemed logical and I had deduced this simply from comparing my sensitivity to my friends' sensitivities and also comparing eye color. When you asked your question, I decided it was finally time after 25 years or thereabouts to actually research the question. Lo and behold, a scientist agrees with me.

I have that same problem with night driving that heo3223 has.

Good question. I don't know, I have light blue eyes and I am very sensitive to sunlight. Always in shades outside.

Yes,I am.I have brown eyed children who are not nearly as sensitive to the sun's rays as I am with light green eyes.

• RoVale

Yes, they are and the eyes don't necessarily have to be a light color either. They can be dark blue or gray. It's due to a lack of pigmentation that causes more light to enter the eye.

Yes. I have very light blue eyes and i have always had trouble seeing in the sunlight or seeing late at night when driving. You know like its very hard for me to drive when the sun is fully out or late at night because its too dangerous. My doctor said its normal for people with really light eyes to be even more sensitive to bright lights and to also find it hard to see at night.

I have light green eyes and I squint like crazy out in the sun.

people lighter eyes blue green sensitive sun light: https://tinyurl.im/e/are-people-with-lighter-eyes-...