Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Where is Old Zealand ?

It's Just 4 fun CUZ obviously im so bored

Seriously we have the new zealand Where is the old one ?

49 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That's hilarious :]

Lol that seriously made me laugh!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Well, technically "Old Zealand" is in Holland. When the Dutch landed in New Zealand, Tasman labeled the islands on his map as Staten Landt after the States-General of the Netherlands. It was later changed by Dutch cartographers to Nova Zeelandia (in Latin), from Nieuw Zeeland, after the Dutch province of Zeeland. After a little more than 100 years, Europeans came over and Captain James Cook "britishized" it by calling it New Zealand.

• 1 decade ago

The answer is simple Old Zealand's real name was Atlantis they nicknamed it Old Zealand after their 1st king. Therefore New Zealand should be New Atlantis.

Source(s): I'm bored too.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is one of the large Islands of Denmark

Zealand is the largest island of Denmark (excluding Greenland, which is a Danish territory) and the 95th largest island in the world. Zealand is connected to Funen by the Great Belt Bridge and to Sweden by the Øresund Bridge.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Amy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

There is the Island of Zealand (In Danish Sjælland) in Denmark. Its the Island København(Copenhagen) is on.

• 1 decade ago

since you asked a question b/c u were bored, I'll try and think of a logical answer b/c I'm bored.

Old Zealand, didn't like the thought of changing it's name, and therefore just kept the name Great Britian, (because New Zealand is a colony of Great Britain.)

There you have it, my bored answer to your question. lol

• 1 decade ago

ummm, for reall, i think that old zealand got chopped up intoo trillions of little pieces, and was sent out to all of the taco bells in america.... so now there is a little bit of old zealand in all of our tacos.And because they had nothing better to do with old zealand, so they sold it to taco bell for 80 dollars and built new zealand. :]

• 1 decade ago

It got replaced by New Zealand :]

• catman
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Realtors remodeled it, changed its name and called it New Zealand to charge more for the property.

• 1 decade ago
  • 1 decade ago

the sheep ate the old zealand

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.