What is a good / healthy and affordable dog food for my Miniature Dachshund?

My miniature Dachshund is one year old. I was feeding him Beneful for puppies which he really liked and recently switched to Natural Balance Potato & Duck (it was a sample I received and overall looked like a really healthy food for dogs). My dachsie is normally very active and loves eating but since I switched... show more My miniature Dachshund is one year old. I was feeding him Beneful for puppies which he really liked and recently switched to Natural Balance Potato & Duck (it was a sample I received and overall looked like a really healthy food for dogs). My dachsie is normally very active and loves eating but since I switched to Natural Balance he just seems tired and lazy, he also seems hesitant to eat this new food. I've been checking out petfoodanalysis.com for something better but I'm just not sure considering the "good" food I gave him has made him act so differently (and not in a good way). Any suggestions?? I'd like something affordable but obviously want something for him that will be healthy and sustain his energy (the Beneful seemed to but Natural Balance doesn't. Which is strange because I know Beneful's ingredients are not as good for him). Hope someone can help.