.
. asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Question about William Regal suspention V.S Storyline?

Now I know wrestling is scripted. And I know William Regal is suspended because of failing a test. But who thinks thier is truth to what Vince said about the ratings dropping during Regals time as GM ?

Favorite Answer

They probably had a slight bit of truth but twisted. During Regals shenneghans, ratings probably spiked out the roof. And it probably only became better due to the fact that he was such an evil ****.

Now the ratings probably did spike down a bit, but I think its mainly due to the lack of more championship gold to be won. I.E....In other words, there needs to be more belts to compete for aside the WWE Championship, World Heavywieght Championship, I.C. Championship, WWE T.T.C, World T.T.C, and Womens Championship, U.S. Championship, and ECW Championship. Thats only 8 championships currently active for competing in the WWE. Meanwhile there are well 91 active wrestlers and well over 120 actual wrestlers on all three brands rosters. 8 championships????? To make a long story short, this will recycle the same fueds, the same wrestlers, and subsequentially cause all the matches to seem the same (because they will be with the same pushed talent).

That gets old after a while.

• what vince said isn't true. if anything, vince said that so that the fans would see regal leaving because of the low 'ratings' and because he lost a match, when really he failed a drugs test.

I dont think so, why would Vince Mcmahon admit that to the whole world!?...I actually think the ratings went up and will keep going up little by little

Source(s): RKO

The boring story lines are responsible for the low ratings and not the WWE story lines

That is not true,for sure.

• Don

I don't think it's true.

Wait a second...

You're not bashing...?

O_O

They were not true...