stlouislb asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Orphan Kitten?

is it a good thing to see my orphan kitten having a bowel movement and going potty? I am feeding it pre-made wal-mart kitty milk every 2-3hrs. I also keep it warm under a soft fleece blanket. It is only 2 days old about and seems very small. I can't think of anything else to do beside what I have be mentioned to on here. The vet's office does seem to think it will make it but I am going to be optimistic. I look for any kind and helpful advice I can get. Thank You!

Best Answer

youre doing a good job...just keep its little tummy full, keep it warm and its bottom clean..

being that young there is a chance it might not make it..but give it everything u got to help the kitten live..

congratulations youre a proud parent of a kitten...

good luck and i hope the kitten pulls through..

if u notice that the baby has quit using the bathroom u will have to take a damp warm soft cloth and gently wipe its private areas to stimulate it (thats what the mother does)..

• RaWen

If your kitten is not going to the restroom, the kitten could be very sick.

You sound like you are doing everything you can for it. The vet's office is right. The kitten may not make it. But it sounds like you really care for it and the best thing you can do right now is to keep doing what you are doing and just comfort the little guy as much as possible.

One of my cat's kittens died and I know how sad it can be. I hope that, if the kitten does not make it, you can find solace in the knowledge that you have made its life better.

Best wishes and thank you for caring for the little guy.

Oh, one more thing, you can try rubbing it very gently along its back to mimic the way its mom would lick it.

Make sure no one wakes it up from its sleep as that is crucial to its survival-lots of sleep as with any infant. Try to find kitty vitamin drops at your local pet shop,rub a soft towel on the fur of a adult female cat and keep that towel in it's bed as they need a mother scent to keep them feeling secure,keep the kitten warm but do not turn on any bright lights or allow anyone to force it's eyes open. Don't let young children play with the kitten or anyone to pick it up as it is delicate since it is still a newborn. It may make it but it is so young. Good Luck.

• harte

looking after orphans isn't an basic activity, it only takes time and persistence. and at times some help from greater matured people. it extremely is wonderful to bathe them. Use heat water, gentle cleansing soap, and a heat towel to dry. The bottles a sprint greater problematic. i do no longer in my opinion like droppers. make helpful the opening is super sufficient so as that they do no longer could artwork too annoying to get the formulation out. make helpful once you feed them, feed them as though they have been feeding on mom, do no longer placed them on their returned, it particularly isn't organic for them, it particularly is for people-no longer animals. at times they do properly with you open their mouths and place it on the bottle nipple and with a sprint tension save their heads interior the comparable place and don't enable them to squirm. sturdy success and that i think of it extremely is super which you're putting soo a lot attempt into little orphaned kittens!!

Sounds like you're doing the best you can for it at the moment and doing great by the sound of it. By the way, for kittens and cats it's actually really good for em to just shake some string and let them try to catch it!

Follow the advice and feeding regimen recommended by your vet. If it's only 2 days old, you may have to "stimulate" it to go potty.

if your feeding the kitten every 2-3 hrs that means the kitten is young and you need to make it go to the bathroom..

It sounds like you are doing everything you can. Just try to be around it as much as you can to provide it some comfort with your presence.

Here's a great website with all the information you'll need:

They are all teeny tiny as soon as they are born. She'll grow :)