1995 Honda Civic radiator replacement : ATF cooler hoses ???

I am trying to replace the radiator of my 1995 Honda Civic Hatchback DX, auto transmission. There are already some very helpful answers on this subject. However, I have a couple of more-detail questions regarding the 2 hoses that connect the radiator and the ATU (automatic trasmission unit - They are called... show more I am trying to replace the radiator of my 1995 Honda Civic Hatchback DX, auto transmission. There are already some very helpful answers on this subject. However, I have a couple of more-detail questions regarding the 2 hoses that connect the radiator and the ATU (automatic trasmission unit - They are called 'ATF cooler hoses' in the Honda service manual) :
1. I can not find to buy these hoses online. Are they special hoses ? What are they usually called ? Where can I find them at ?
2. They connect the ATU and the radiator. So what fluid are they conducting, the ATF or coolant ? If they conduct the ATF, will the ATF leak when I disconnect them ? Do I need to drain the ATF first ? How ?
Many thanks for the kind experts out there who are willing to help the newbies.
1 answer 1