Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do you call it "frosting" or "icing"?

I always call it "icing". :)

Best Answer

I kind of alternate the words for different things. Frosting cakes. Icing cupcakes. I'm not really sure why. Just mixin' it up a bit

Icing

Frosting

I've always called it frosting, but I think icing sounds a lot better.

I use both terms. I make my own icing and I always buy frosting and I frost the cake. It really depends on how it's used.

Usually "icing" when I'm talking about homemade cakes/cupcakes. Sometimes I call store bought things "frosting".

I usually say icing ! But I do say frosting a cake . It sounds more offical !

• Both those terms are "regional".

Like grocery carts....in the South they are buggies, in the North they are carts.

I've lived from Atlanta to Boston, from Nashville to Chicago, so I used both without thinking about it.

(Most manufacturers use the term frosting because it's the thick yummy stuff, and because they don't make the other stuff & put it in a little can.

Icing is typically used for the thinner stuff, like glaze, i.e. Lemon Icing over a bunt cake.)

Icing!

I call it frosting if it covers the whole cake and icing if it only covers parts of it.