How can I get A bank Affidavit.?

I m a victim of Identity fraud. Some checks were forged through a local grocery store (foodlion) and the criminals got cash back totaling up to 500plus dollars. I have gone over and over with USAA as to what has happen. They refuse to give me an affidavit stating this matter has taken place. I have submitted a police report and they promise each time I talk with a customer service rep that they will send out the affidavit.

I have received nothing thus far. I have contacted and explained this to the ftc. I have been referred to the office of thrift supervision. Do anyone know the next step to getting this resolved. I have to get the affidavit to the D.A. office. in order to clear me of these charges.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Ed.

Favorite Answer

This happened to me once. You need to go to the bank immediately and speak with a teller and explain the situation to them and ask them to speak with someone about it. If they have a copy of the forged check you will be asked to do a signature analysis. This should clear you from being responsible for the check.

• Pamela

I'm with Wintery.

it will be to your advantage to obtain a lawyer. you should be able to also contact the FDIC and inform them of the problems you are experiencing.