How can I get A bank Affidavit.?

I m a victim of Identity fraud. Some checks were forged through a local grocery store (foodlion) and the criminals got cash back totaling up to 500plus dollars. I have gone over and over with USAA as to what has happen. They refuse to give me an affidavit stating this matter has taken place. I have submitted a police report and they promise each time I talk with a customer service rep that they will send out the affidavit.

I have received nothing thus far. I have contacted and explained this to the ftc. I have been referred to the office of thrift supervision. Do anyone know the next step to getting this resolved. I have to get the affidavit to the D.A. office. in order to clear me of these charges.

Any advice will be appreciated.


3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    This happened to me once. You need to go to the bank immediately and speak with a teller and explain the situation to them and ask them to speak with someone about it. If they have a copy of the forged check you will be asked to do a signature analysis. This should clear you from being responsible for the check.

  • Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    I'm with Wintery.

  • 1 decade ago

    it will be to your advantage to obtain a lawyer. you should be able to also contact the FDIC and inform them of the problems you are experiencing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.