Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 1 decade ago

Name 3 Actresses who you feel are good "Role Models" for todays aspiring young actresses.?

Can they "Act "

Can they "Think"

Who are they outside of acting, in the "real world"...

Please name 3 Actresses ( past or present) who you feel have truly been "actors" , not just a "Celebrity" and good role models for todays aspiring Young Actresses.

This is NOT about how much $$ they made, but the quality of their work and Life style.

Thanks !

In addition :

Do you have any top picks of Women Directors, Writers, Producers ?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cate Blanchett, Naomi Watts and Ashley Judd.

Because they can act, they "think", they don't do nonsense things, they both appear on "quality" movies, they're natural and down-to-earth, beautiful and not flashy....

And maybe Hillary Swank.

I also like Angelina Jolie but she is a larger than life figure right now and this somehow contributes negatively to her credibility as an actress. Her characters are not life-like.

• 1 decade ago

My picks are:

Emma Watson

Reese Witherspoon

Jennifer Garner

They all seem very down-to-earth, and Reese and Jennifer seem really dedicated to their kids. Emma Watson is on the list because she's intelligent and well-spoken, and has managed to not become completely screwed up by child stardom. She's not into wild partying anyway, we know that. XD If I was an actress and made it big, I'd hope to be like one of these three.

• 1 decade ago

Hallie Berry

Jennifer Garner

Natalie Portman

• Donna
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Selena Gomez, she is a great actress and a good role model for young kids, she is always off trouble, never involved in gossip, pretty, she can sing, great personality. Hayden Panettiere, great actress, great personality, pretty, off troubles, she can sing and dance. She cares about animals, environment, etc. Hilary Duff. Great actress, singer, she may not be the best but she is a great role model for young girls and even adults, she is pretty, off troubles, she says that her family helps her to be off trouble and focused on her career.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Reese Witherspoon

Jennifer Garner

&& Angelina Jolie

• Janeen
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Amanda Bynes

Hilary Duff

Jennifer Garner

• 1 decade ago

Cate Blanchett

Natalie Portman (yes! first!)

Jodie Foster

• 1 decade ago

How about a couple of child stars?

Jodie Foster - Has won two academy awards

Drew Barrymore - OK, she was in lots of trouble as a teenager. She's pretty well straightened herself out now (actress, producer, production company, etc.)

• Kimmy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Rosemary Clooney

Audrey Hepburn

Katherine Hepburn

Angelina Jolie is a man-stealer, not a good role model!

• 1 decade ago

Philica Rashad, I think she has really good values and havent seen her doing any off the wall stuff..

Women Director I would pick Debbie Allen, who is Rashad's sister, she's been around for years........These are of the African ascent....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.