Is it safe to put my 8month old baby in a facing front car seat?

what is the best age group that you can put your baby in a front facing carseat? is it safe to put my 8 month old baby in a front facing carseat? she does not like to seat in the back if there is no one back there with her, because she starts crying, exspecially if its only the two of us and i'm the driving.... show more what is the best age group that you can put your baby in a front facing carseat? is it safe to put my 8 month old baby in a front facing carseat? she does not like to seat in the back if there is no one back there with her, because she starts crying, exspecially if its only the two of us and i'm the driving. what can i do to change that? is it wise to put her in a front facing carseat at her age?

p.s. at this moment she has a cold. she is congested, she has a running nose. but another than that everything else is fine with her, her eating is normal, there is no diarrhea, and no fever. what can i give her at her age to clear up the congested part.